• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retain List

On the up

Please release Cummins, seriously, please. Id rather have Alex Nicholls up front on his own than donkey Cummins.
Surely you're joking. Nicholls is so lightweight, really struggle to see what he brings to the team in any position. Plays like a youth player. Of course he has scored a handful of goals, but there are much better options out there for us.

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
I don't think we ever properly replaced Bauza. (rofl)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think we ever properly replaced Bauza. (rofl)
Of all the Spaniards we could have had.......

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely you're joking. Nicholls is so lightweight, really struggle to see what he brings to the team in any position. Plays like a youth player. Of course he has scored a handful of goals, but there are much better options out there for us.
Both Cummins and A Nicholls offer the team nothing. Nicholls arrived for his second spell with many fans talking like he was the next Messi. He's dog sh*te and he's even more dog sh*te when he's played out wide. i hope he's a bench warmer at best next season if he's still under contract.

And for Cummins - Cheerio

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both Cummins and A Nicholls offer the team nothing. Nicholls arrived for his second spell with many fans talking like he was the next Messi. He's dog sh*te and he's even more dog sh*te when he's played out wide. i hope he's a bench warmer at best next season if he's still under contract.

And for Cummins - Cheerio
I make you wrong about both. Especially Nicholls.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's subjective isn't it. I don't think Nicholls is ****e, however he does lack something from his game, especially out wide.

Cummins seemed to do ok away from home but at home he rarely looked any good and fell to the ground too easily.

Overall, we need a decent blend next season but I am concerned that a large part of our poor defence will remain intact. I like JMT and Ribeiro but all the others aren't good enough IMO. Still early yet though and we may get the right players in to improve us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you explain to me what either player offers then?

Cummins spends nearly all his time on the floor. He even admitted himself he continuosly looks for free kicks. He wins little in the air, has NO pace, and can't beat a man. On occasion his hold up play is satisfactory if he decides to stay on his feet and he has bagged a few goals but its hardly an immpressive record if you compare goals with minutes played.

Alex Nicholls can't cross a ball. How many times does he find himself in a good position on the wing with the ball at his feet only to **** his cross up and fail to beat the first defender. So frustrating. He like Cummins also has no pace or drive. His touch is generally good but his end product is appalling. He also lacks strength. Yes he's coming back after a long term injury but I don't really see any of his attributes improving.

What highlights how bad both Cummins and Nicholls are is that when Wheeler comes on to replace either of them he does more in the final 20 minutes than either of them did combined in the previous 70 minutes. Pathetic.

davecg

Can you explain to me what either player offers then?

Cummins spends nearly all his time on the floor. He even admitted himself he continuosly looks for free kicks. He wins little in the air, has NO pace, and can't beat a man. On occasion his hold up play is satisfactory if he decides to stay on his feet and he has bagged a few goals but its hardly an immpressive record if you compare goals with minutes played.

Alex Nicholls can't cross a ball. How many times does he find himself in a good position on the wing with the ball at his feet only to **** his cross up and fail to beat the first defender. So frustrating. He like Cummins also has no pace or drive. His touch is generally good but his end product is appalling. He also lacks strength. Yes he's coming back after a long term injury but I don't really see any of his attributes improving.

What highlights how bad both Cummins and Nicholls are is that when Wheeler comes on to replace either of them he does more in the final 20 minutes than either of them did combined in the previous 70 minutes. Pathetic.
If Wheeler could contribute as much in 70 minutes as he does in 20 then he'd be one hell of player...just as frustrating.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Pathetic, or victims of the tactics employed? I know at whose door I'd lay the issue...

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pathetic, or victims of the tactics employed? I know at whose door I'd lay the issue...
Spot on this. I'm sure a lot of the players that start the games, especially at home, would love to play with the tempo and freedom that the subs are afforded in the last 20 mins. Nicholls always looks miles better when he comes on as sub. I wouldn't mind Cummins being here. I reckon he's a decent enough squad player.