• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Responsibile management at a community club?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are teetering on the brink of non league football while people debate his talents or lack of them on here
If we go down, which looks a racing certainty; the only upside to it is that there are 13 teams in the National League that we used to play in the Football League. Cold comfort I know.

Terryhall

If we go down, which looks a racing certainty; the only upside to it is that there are 13 teams in the National League that we used to play in the Football League. Cold comfort I know.
No comfort at all Pete. That just demonstrates that there are 13 other teams who took the drop expecting to bounce back, and failed to do so. Why should we be any different?

PeteUSA

Absolutely, I agree with you that he should delegate a lot more - the club has an academy manager - let him manage the academy. The club has a finance director - let him direct the finances. Tisdale is the first team manager - he ought to (primarily) manage the first team (along with all that entails - but his top priority ought to be the first XI winning matches, particularly at home.)
Terry, with respect, what leads you to the above conclusions that Tisdale should delegate more? How are you privvy to what he does, and doesnt delegate?

Last edited:

malcolms

yeah the willingness for open minded debate on here is unfortunately lacking , in general its their opinion or the highway,,
Err.. The quote is "my way or the highway" The point being that it rhymes.. I'm beginning to think you're on a wind up.... or are you really that stupid? It's difficult to tell..

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your right mate he doesnt in interviews but i am sure he is hurting like everyone else, after all its on his shoulders and the first thing he has to do is speak to a camera, we can all vent on here and say what we want but for tisdale having to remain positive to not let the players get affected and conduct an interview which could go anywhere on the internet nowadays cant be easy!!
And he wasn't even asked any difficult questions!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
With regard to the title of this thread, I too query whether there is any responsible management at this Club. Every director and Trustee is fully aware of the current mood of the fans. Numerous suggestions have been made on here on how to address the problems but I have yet to see any positive contribution from any Trustee or director on the practical steps that each would take to resolve those problems.

Terryhall

Terry, with respect, what leads you to the above conclusions that Tisdale should delegate more? How are you privvy to what he does, and doesnt delegate?
Other than what he has stated in interviews, I have no idea - but his stated priorities are (1) producing talent via the Academy (in my opinion, should be delegated to the academy manager) - (2) keeping the club solvent (in my opinion, should be the job of the finance director) - and (3) winning football matches (in my view, should be his main job as football manager).

Hence why I chose those specific examples in my post.

Swanaldo

And he wasn't even asked any difficult questions!
He never is! I would start with "What exactly do you do all day?"

supernova

Why on earth did Tisdale sign these players that have never played league football before? It's absolutely suicidal. Any kind of League 2 experienced donut would do the job at centre back, but no we have three players who look like they've just walked off King George's playing field. What happened to the likes of someone akin to Edwards, Blake, Badderly, Curran, etc... I know they weren't great but players like that would do a job at centre half in League 2, does that kind of player no longer exist?

Terryhall

Why on earth did Tisdale sign these players that have never played league football before? It's absolutely suicidal. Any kind of League 2 experienced donut would do the job at centre back, but no we have three players who look like they've just walked off King George's playing field. What happened to the likes of someone akin to Edwards, Blake, Badderly, Curran, etc... I know they weren't great but players like that would do a job at centre half in League 2, does that kind of player no longer exist?
Not exactly a definitive source, but after googling for "free transfer defenders" I found a handy search tool on www.transfermarkt.co.uk - there are a few centre-backs available on a free who last played in League Two (of which one would not be able to sign until January, as he left his last club on deadline day) - for example Neal Trotman (released by Brizzle Rovers, ex Argyle - 116 games in L1, 72 in L2); Andy Parrish (Morecambe - 311 games in L2); Magnus Okuonghae (Luton, but couldn't sign til Jan - 196 games in L1, 91 in L2)

Of course we have no idea if all of these players were on the radar, scouted and dismissed (or too expensive for us to sign, or didn't fancy playing in Devon, or who knows what else) - suffice to say however there are defenders out there with L2 experience that are currently without a club.