• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reserves vs Southampton Tonight

izzer buddy

Macca and Adam for me.

I really feel for Macca. what more does he have to do to get on?
Gotta agree with you Lammie. Surely he is worth a punt? I liked him coming on as an impact sub. But haven't seen him lately but with Stanno injured and Corr banned. If he is due a break surely it is now?

Although Miss Moxey would say Tis isn't interested in the reserves. Have to disagree. Tonight was a chance for Macca to shine. Tis and Perryman watching so maybe in with a chance for an appearance on saturday on tonight performance.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've said it before and I'll say it again, miss moxey is an utter c*ck.
Please don't feed the troll.

Good win for the boys.

newburygrecian

Just back. Sorry for anyone entirely confused by their commentary, but the numbers worn by the players bore very little relation to what was on the teamsheet. City lined up 1 Jones; 2 Doble, 5 Furzer, 6 Bennett, 3 Heath; 8 Norwood, 7 Cozic, 4 Dunne, 11 Shepherd; 9 Fleetwood, 10 McAllister. Saints mostly played youngsters, with Antonio and Seaborne plus their second choice keeper the only regular first-teamers as far as I could tell.

We played really well, with Bertie and Dunn dominant in the middle and Macca making a right nuisance of himself up front. Shep and Norwood were lively all game. Our first came from a corner, poorly hit from the left by Shep. The man on the front post first sliced it then hacked to the edge of the box, where Dunne was given time to control it and drill it in to the corner. As soon as it came to him you could see what would happen, especially as a few minutes earlier he'd struck the post from a similar position. Saints pressed, but Antonio down the right got no change from Heath all game. The Saints left flank was a different matter, where Doble was regularly exposed, but Furzer and Bennett mopped up everything and Jonah was commanding.

Their equaliser came after a corner, taken while Bennett was off the field having received treatment for a minor knock. Jonah could only parry a fierce drive from a narrow angle by Antonio and the rebound was well tucked in.

City's second was beautifully worked. Shep had come in from the left and dragged his full back with him so that, receiving the ball on the edge of the area, he could play a wonderfully disguised and weighted reverse ball with his right to McAllister, who had been given the freedom of the left half of the box by the confused Saints defence. It would have been rude not to finish it, so Macca obliged, slotting calmly past the stranded keeper.

Just a few minutes later, a foul just forward and left of the centre circle gave Dunne the chance to put the ball in the box, where Macca won one of many good knock-downs. Bertie had a swing-and-a-miss, but Fleetwood couldn't, and didn't, miss. City took the chance to make a few changes, bringing on Dan Western for the excellent Shep, and Aaron Dawson on for Aaron Doble.

I missed Saints second, as I was sending an update. I looked up on hearing the ball crash off Jonah's crossbar. Apparently an exocet had hit it, bouncing behind the line and spinning back in to play. The lino saw it and gave the goal.

Late on, Fleets had a few chances to make the game safe, hitting the post after he and Macca had battled well chasing Jonah's clearance, then the bar with a lob hit on the bounce from a delightful pass by the magnificent Dunne, and finally turning a low cross wide after Norwood had showboated his way past Saints left back.

All-in-all a cracking evening.

Jonah was commanding and dominant. Of the back four, only Aaron Doble was disappointing, being regularly beaten for pace and strength. Furzer and Bennett look real talents and Heath was very tidy indeed. Cozic and Dunne (my MOTM) absolutely bossed the centre of the park. Out wide, Shep was quick with a decent cross on the run, if not from corners, while Norwood was a livewire. McAllister really put himself about and their centre halves really knew they'd been in a game, while Fleets was shoddy first half, but really perked up after scoring a decently sharp chance.

Oh, and wemissmoxey, Tis and Perryman were both there.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
intresting line up....

Mac seems to have fallen right out of favour considering the impact he made especially off the bench last season....

Like i always say though , reserve team football counts for very little.

Number13

Well good to see Heath did well, and indeed is still staying with us. His mate went to Lincoln so good on him for hanging about Devon on his own.

And the young centre halves did well too which is nice. They may be needed in L2

StixUK

Just back. Sorry for anyone entirely confused by their commentary, but the numbers worn by the players bore very little relation to what was on the teamsheet. City lined up 1 Jones; 2 Doble, 5 Furzer, 6 Bennett, 3 Heath; 8 Norwood, 7 Cozic, 4 Dunne, 11 Shepherd; 9 Fleetwood, 10 McAllister. Saints mostly played youngsters, with Antonio and Seaborne plus their second choice keeper the only regular first-teamers as far as I could tell.

We played really well, with Bertie and Dunn dominant in the middle and Macca making a right nuisance of himself up front. Shep and Norwood were lively all game. Our first came from a corner, poorly hit from the left by Shep. The man on the front post first sliced it then hacked to the edge of the box, where Dunne was given time to control it and drill it in to the corner. As soon as it came to him you could see what would happen, especially as a few minutes earlier he'd struck the post from a similar position. Saints pressed, but Antonio down the right got no change from Heath all game. The Saints left flank was a different matter, where Doble was regularly exposed, but Furzer and Bennett mopped up everything and Jonah was commanding.

Their equaliser came after a corner, taken while Bennett was off the field having received treatment for a minor knock. Jonah could only parry a fierce drive from a narrow angle by Antonio and the rebound was well tucked in.

City's second was beautifully worked. Shep had come in from the left and dragged his full back with him so that, receiving the ball on the edge of the area, he could play a wonderfully disguised and weighted reverse ball with his right to McAllister, who had been given the freedom of the left half of the box by the confused Saints defence. It would have been rude not to finish it, so Macca obliged, slotting calmly past the stranded keeper.

Just a few minutes later, a foul just forward and left of the centre circle gave Dunne the chance to put the ball in the box, where Macca won one of many good knock-downs. Bertie had a swing-and-a-miss, but Fleetwood couldn't, and didn't, miss. City took the chance to make a few changes, bringing on Dan Western for the excellent Shep, and Aaron Dawson on for Aaron Doble.

I missed Saints second, as I was sending an update. I looked up on hearing the ball crash off Jonah's crossbar. Apparently an exocet had hit it, bouncing behind the line and spinning back in to play. The lino saw it and gave the goal.

Late on, Fleets had a few chances to make the game safe, hitting the post after he and Macca had battled well chasing Jonah's clearance, then the bar with a lob hit on the bounce from a delightful pass by the magnificent Dunne, and finally turning a low cross wide after Norwood had showboated his way past Saints left back.

All-in-all a cracking evening.

Jonah was commanding and dominant. Of the back four, only Aaron Doble was disappointing, being regularly beaten for pace and strength. Furzer and Bennett look real talents and Heath was very tidy indeed. Cozic and Dunne (my MOTM) absolutely bossed the centre of the park. Out wide, Shep was quick with a decent cross on the run, if not from corners, while Norwood was a livewire. McAllister really put himself about and their centre halves really knew they'd been in a game, while Fleets was shoddy first half, but really perked up after scoring a decently sharp chance.

Oh, and wemissmoxey, Tis and Perryman were both there.
Newbury, you didn't mention Heath at all, is that reflective of his performance?

Chudleigh Cannon

Gotta agree with you Lammie. Surely he is worth a punt? I liked him coming on as an impact sub. But haven't seen him lately but with Stanno injured and Corr banned. If he is due a break surely it is now?

Although Miss Moxey would say Tis isn't interested in the reserves. Have to disagree. Tonight was a chance for Macca to shine. Tis and Perryman watching so maybe in with a chance for an appearance on saturday on tonight performance.
Izzer, how many reserve games have you been to? 'cos if it's more than one you'd know that Watson and Macca ahve been doing the business all season. However when Corr is sidelined (****) who does Tis play? a loan player from WBA thats been with us a week NOT Macca.

It's complete b*ll*cks!

As others have said what does Macca have to do? Well, be somoeone else i'd suggest 'cos there's something about him that Tis doesn't like!!!

All of which my be why wemissmoxey implies Tis isn't interested in the reserves; 'cos whatever happens, whoever shines still can't get near the first team!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
are there anything in the rumours that big macs liking for a cheeky pint or 2 doesnt go down to well with Tis ?

newburygrecian

Newbury, you didn't mention Heath at all, is that reflective of his performance?
Oops. Not at all, thought he had a really good game. Their wingers, including the big and rapid Antonio, got nothing out of him and he was always available to Shep going forward.

Ian Tarr

Yes he did.
"Saints pressed, but Antonio down the right got no change from Heath all game."