• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replacement for Harley

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh my god matey, I think you need to wake up, I imagine he is worth more than Harley.
At that age, he will probably have more than 6 months to run on his contract, so he will be worth far more than Harley. He couldn't leave on a free with no compensation, either.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we are all resigned to the fact that Harley will go in January. I think we should hold out for at least 500k. If we did then who do you think Tis should buy to replace him. I'd try to sign:
For one thing, I am not resigned to Harley leaving. He should have a new City contract put in front of him, while he is enjoying playing here.

For another, Noble would be his natural replacement. Its strange that not that long ago we had more central midfielders than you could shake a stick at, and now there aren't too many contenders...

For afters (although this might be hard to swallow) next Summer we could be looking at rebuilding the entire midfield. Harley and Dunne walk, Sercs gets sold and where would we be then?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why don't we just resolve to looking in non league
Agree

Get Noone to really stick the foot in on Argyle
But can we actually affort to wait a season and a half before making a move? ;)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He's already here , step foward David Noble.

StroudGrecian

For one thing, I am not resigned to Harley leaving. He should have a new City contract put in front of him, while he is enjoying playing here.

For another, Noble would be his natural replacement. Its strange that not that long ago we had more central midfielders than you could shake a stick at, and now there aren't too many contenders...

For afters (although this might be hard to swallow) next Summer we could be looking at rebuilding the entire midfield. Harley and Dunne walk, Sercs gets sold and where would we be then?
Wot postie sed.

Noble will turn out better than Harley.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Noble, but I'd like to see at least a bit of the fee we'd receive, to be reinvested into the squad. Not into Norrie's wallet! ;)

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

Is Nicky Wroe still transfer listed? I think 100k would do it and then bank whatever is left of the transfer fee if indeed Harley is sold.

Same position, class act and would be an excellent addition. Either him or Noble to step into the first team with the other ready and waiting for their chance.

I think we are all resigned to the fact that Harley will go in January. I think we should hold out for at least 500k. If we did then who do you think Tis should buy to replace him. I'd try to sign:

1. Dean Bowditch - 6 goals already this season, and for Yeovil! :-O
2. Dale Jennings - Tranmere winger, 18, looks like a real star from what I've seen and heard on the FL Show.

what do you think?
I don't actually think he'll leave not in January although i accept there is agood chance that if we get an offer he might move.

I would hope Noble is begging to come up to speed and cut out the silly mistakes by then also Shepard really impressed me in pre season very good technically if a little short (excuse the pun) on the physical side and let's not forget the legend that is Bertie!

If we were to bring someone in i would hope we could aim higher than Wroe perhaps a loan signing or nab Craig Noone back in the Argyle exodus looks like his game has developed a bit more or even a Wednesday player is not beyond the realms of possibillity although I don't really know their squad that well.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't actually think he'll leave not in January
Well if he doesn't leave in January then he could leave on a free at the end of the season as his contract is up! :-O

old and grey

surely noble arrived to take Harleys place when he left.