• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Remember Sincil Bank 1990?

Ebs

As part of our Grecian Player archive we have added another classic match, this time Lincoln 1-5 Exeter from 1990!

As well as the match highlights there are plenty of crowd shots post match as the fans celebrate.

And remember you can have 14 days free Grecian Player when you sign up, so you can watch these classic games for free!

http://bit.ly/1z6RrZ

grecianfaniow

signed up permanently i was there in the away end with my brother, an unforgettable day [y]

I remember thinking we were gonna be world beaters the following season after this game, I also thought Gordon Hobson was gonna set the city world alight, he was their only decent player that day and we nabbed him!

Ebs

signed up permanently i was there in the away end with my brother, an unforgettable day [y]
We have plenty more footage from that season which will appear on Player in due course. And 1977 promotion, 1981 cup run, plenty of classic Conference matches and more recent games (Wembley, Old Trafford etc)

citizen33

Yes, that must have been one of the all time best away days for a Grecian. I just have a few fragmentary memories now: a couple of good pints of real ale, Youngie's neat lob, Clive Whitehead taking a fearful wack on the shin right in front of me, the Lincoln fans coming across the pitch at the end to clap us, and a completely smashed Grecian walking on his own down the road in front of me singing 'We're so good its f****ing unbelievable'. Anybody own up?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember it as a really corking turnout and fine City performance, but genuinely ruined for me by racist sh!te shouted at the Asian linesman. This was a time when I refused to call The Exe Directory 'an anti-fascist fanzine' and I'd never read a copy of the Guardian in my life, so it must've been pretty shocking.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fullsy said on his way to the game that he would have 2 pints for every goal we scored that day. He's still recovering.

Benguin

We parked up on a bit of grass near the "away side" and were greeted with the site of blokes who should know better in dodgy fancy dress. However, what stands out is the pub on the way into lincoln, on a very flat straight road. Loads of City in there, anyone else remember it?

We parked up on a bit of grass near the "away side" and were greeted with the site of blokes who should know better in dodgy fancy dress. However, what stands out is the pub on the way into lincoln, on a very flat straight road. Loads of City in there, anyone else remember it?
If its the same one I am thinking of it was on a long straight road and on the right hand side as you got near it there were a load of coaches pulled up and it was rammed with city,

I ended up driving that day, but my bruv in law (Mark Saunders who later played for Argiggle and Gillingham) was with me and was hanging out of my sunroof after the game and was hammered

Benguin

If its the same one I am thinking of it was on a long straight road and on the right hand side as you got near it there were a load of coaches pulled up and it was rammed with city,

I ended up driving that day, but my bruv in law (Mark Saunders who later played for Argiggle and Gillingham) was with me and was hanging out of my sunroof after the game and was hammered

Sounds like the one. I seem to remember being fairly hammered myself!