• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reliving those Millwall moments

banzai

And a coach journey all the way back to Exeter with no windscreen! (Bricked by Millwall fans).

;)
I was on that coach. Remember the driver borrowing loads of scarves to keep warm. Surely illegal now if not then!

My last visit to the Old Den was to see Brighton in a play off match. Albion were 4-1 up from the 1st leg, there was no real need to go for the return. But in my naievity I went with a group of six, which Brighton won 2-1. The ensuing 90 minutes following the final whistle were easily the most terrifying of my life inside and outside a football ground. Thank god were not playing them away in midweek.
The New Den is a lot more policed than the old, but is a terrible area to become isolated in, a warren of tunnels and small alleys. I would advise all Grecians to go there in a bunch, the rail station is apparently well protected.
As for in-fighting, when I used to follow Millwall around it was viewed as pre pre-match entertainment to have a punch up with some fellow supporters, perhaps from a different estate, pub,street, whatever....