• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Relief for Tis

izzer buddy

Tis must be pleased the transfer speculation has ended and he can now carry on with tweaking the team and pushing on in the league.

I think we stand a good chance of mid table plus ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its a relief in terms of no one else will go , unless he lets some on loan when the loan window re opens....

but in terms of only bringing troy in , i hope it hasnt left us short for the rest of the season...

Redporky21

Agreed
i'd just be happy to stay up

manc grecian

Are you ******? We are deep in it.

Are you ******? We are deep in it.
put succinctly and unfortunately accurately Manc

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are deep in it.
We will be if we pick up very little in the next 2 matches, which is a real possibility considering the opposition.

2 defeats would probably see us slip in the relegation zone

StroudGrecian

We will be if we pick up very little in the next 2 matches, which is a real possibility considering the opposition.

2 defeats would probably see us slip in the relegation zone
I very much doubt that, even if we get nothing from the next 2 games, which is likely

eastdulwich

Look, it was always going to be hard as the step-up to L1 from L2 is much more than from the conference. We have the basis of a good squad and I have no doubt there will be one or two loanees coming in. If we can put down a marker and stay up this season, then, personally, I am confident that our management team will tweak and add more quality. It's not something we can throw money at ala Saints, so we have to be canny. We are pushing our luck with the lack of depth, but then again, so are other teams, such as Southend. All around at the club, things are moving on, getting more professional. It is going to be long-term and the knee-jerk reaction of seeing where we are now rather than where we have come from, is natural, but not necessarily accurate. Obviously, if we go down we will all be shattered, but I think with what we have and a few extra loans, we can get a mid table position.

izzer buddy

Look, it was always going to be hard as the step-up to L1 from L2 is much more than from the conference. We have the basis of a good squad and I have no doubt there will be one or two loanees coming in. If we can put down a marker and stay up this season, then, personally, I am confident that our management team will tweak and add more quality. It's not something we can throw money at ala Saints, so we have to be canny. We are pushing our luck with the lack of depth, but then again, so are other teams, such as Southend. All around at the club, things are moving on, getting more professional. It is going to be long-term and the knee-jerk reaction of seeing where we are now rather than where we have come from, is natural, but not necessarily accurate. Obviously, if we go down we will all be shattered, but I think with what we have and a few extra loans, we can get a mid table position.
Yeah i think you are spot on their mate. Tis is always shrewd with his signings and will add like the addition of Troy . Loans are prob best bet anyway at the moment

Last edited:

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
what eastdulwich said...

...most importantly, I also get the impression that the players believe this as well...

This season has been the steep learning curve that most of us expected. This league is top heavy with historically & potentially premiership teams, all spending vast sums in a concerted effort to achieve promotion. This season &, hopefully, next season, is all about consolidation at this level.

The promising sign is that we have been more than competitive in every game (with the possible exception of Huddersfield). We have been so whilst carrying on playing the style of football to which we've grown accustomed over the last few seasons.

The Club is investing seriously in the 'behind-the-scenes' infrastructure - whether or not this pays off will only be seen in the long-term, but this is the seemingly ambitious journey which we're on. It matches the way in which Tisdale is trying to build the Team. As a Club, we cannot compete on the same terms as the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Charlton, etc. At the same time, we have decided to go down a certain financial route, in which balancing the budget is a sine qua non of our progress. If we haven't already, we're going to have to get used to Tisdale investing in young players, players coming back from injury, & utility players - all of whom have the potential for development, &/or have the virtue of versatility. That's the way he's going to do it. But I also think that he believes that building & managing a Club this way offers the potential for an alternative route to achieving success...& as the recession bites ever more, the virtues of this approach may well become more & more apparent.

The downside to all of this is that the approach of both Club & Team can appear cautious. This may work against us on the pitch...again, the league table will tell us whether or not it has by the end of the season.

But the overriding thing that strikes me about the Club is that it is building in a sensible, & sustainable, way for the future, & if it is successful in this enterprise, the result could well be a period of flourishing for Exeter City more or less unique in its history.