• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Referee

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I cant be bothered. You know what you implied mate. So go f*ck yourself. Ive never had a go at you i just have a different opinion to yourself and you back up your argument with a dig at my sexuality etr. Whats the point!

We have different opinions whoop! Isnt that what exeweb is about. Isnt that what the free world is about
Stop being such a wet fart in a thunderstorm FFS. I think you'll find Shabby is female (is she not?) so I was implying you and HER get a room. Now unless you are a batty and are offended by me implying you are straight then I don't see what your beef is.

And to top it all you have lowered yourself to my supposedly low standards by telling me to go "f*ck my self". Silly boy/girl (I don't want to imply anything else).

wemissmoxey

The referee was poor however he was not the reason we lost, two soft goals, our fault.

The referee's at our level are generally going to be sh*t so it should not come as a shock to anyone.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stop being such a wet fart in a thunderstorm FFS. I think you'll find Shabby is female (is she not?) so I was implying you and HER get a room. Now unless you are a batty and are offended by me implying you are straight then I don't see what your beef is.

And to top it all you have lowered yourself to my supposedly low standards by telling me to go "f*ck my self". Silly boy/girl (I don't want to imply anything else).
i dont actually know whether shabbys a female or male tbh

But regardless of that it was a dig at my sexuality was it not. All im saying is you couldnt just let your point come across and be discussed without having a dig. I apologise for the commet about f*cking yourself i just find it frustrating when people are suttle about there digs then claim they arnt a dig!

All im guilty of is disagreeing with you!

KingBilly

I'm rowing against the tide here but I actually thought the referee was reasonable. Not perfect by any means, but reasonable.

Some decisions went for us and some against...but hey, sh1t happens. He was by no means the worst we've had here this season and he definately wasn't biased towards Saints. Gets a 7/10 in my book.

Hooch

Worst since that bloke a season or 2 ago who blew up over by the tunnel, and then sprinted off. Shocking.
Was that the young-looking guy who reffed the Morecambe game? He was horrendous.

Poultice

All im guilty of is disagreeing with you!
Well there is the question of the ritual sacrifice of the English language.

exeter4eva

Deserved a point? Read the matchday thread, particularly input from people at the game. I think you might be in the minority! Tisdale bringng off Nardiello and putting his mate Stewart on might have been a contributary factor.
possibly so... (and I was at the game)
We played as well as them (IMO) and created chances - good chances as well - their keeper making 2-3 decent saves from O'flynn, Sercs and (I think) O'flynn again at close range as well as a chance in front of the away end in the first half that looked like we should score (although being so far away I guess I can't really comment!)
until the latter stages they never "dominated" us but created the clearer cut chances (the 2 against the bar in the first half!)
Before Marcus was introduced they were well on top and his introduction did slow this for a period *awaits public damning for this*, in the same way it stopped Ipswich's dominance in the cup in August, but we sat back too far and invited them on which eventually led to the second goal.

Southampton probably were the better team, but I still stand by us deseving something from the game - although that's hardly compensation for the damn result!

PeteUSA

Correctly booked Duffy for dissent and Noble for a cyncical ankle tap when their player had got away from him.
Couldnt have been for a cynical ankle tap when their player got away from him, because thats a straight red. I sent Frankie Prince off for just that, and he didnt argue.

Incidently, this thread is the biggest bunch of sour grapes I think I've ever read in respect of the officials 'costing us the game'! Tisdale should majorly carry the can for that, aided and abbeted by Perryman.

scottus86

Couldnt have been for a cynical ankle tap when their player got away from him, because thats a straight red. I sent Frankie Prince off for just that, and he didnt argue.

Incidently, this thread is the biggest bunch of sour grapes I think I've ever read in respect of the officials 'costing us the game'! Tisdale should majorly carry the can for that, aided and abbeted by Perryman.
Shame you wern't there to make your own mind up, from what I saw the ref missed 2 important decisions that "cost us the game" and 2 more off the top of my head that were just unexplainable.

Important decision 1)The foul on Duffy leading up to Southamptons first goal.

Important decision 2) The high foot on Dunne on the edge/just inside of the area

The other 2 rediculous decisions against us were

Sercombe having a player slide through the back of him. Not only did we not get a free kick, but the throw in went to Southampton...

and then on the other side of the pitch, I think it was either Sercombe or O'flynn got kicked in the face, and Southampton were given a throw in.

Those are four out of a lot of decisions that went in Southamptons favour, and when you're a player and you feel the refs on the other team, its hard to keep your head up and think you're going to get something from the game.

Last edited:

iscalad

Nobody is mentioning what seemed to me (from the other end) to be a foul on Richard Duffy during their build up to the first goal. Duffy seemed incensed and it finally boiled over later in the game when he ended up getting booked.

Anybody else see it?
I didn't see it, but there again I was the referee.

This statement may not be 100% accurate.