• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reece Cole

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Just to add, Reece is the only player in our side with 10 goal involvement (7 goals, 3 assists). It would be terribly sad if he went this summer, but ultimately £500,000 plus a sell on etc. would probably have to be considered. But he is a player which makes things happen.

On a side note

Sonny Cox is 2nd with 9 (5 goals, 4 assists). This imho just shows how far Sonny has come since his loan at Yeovil earlier in the season.

Despite not playing for us for 4-5 months, Trevitt still sits third in the goal involvements (5 goals, 1 assist) and Dimi Mitchell sits in 5th despite him being out for so long with 6 (3 goals, 3 assists)

Last edited:
I'ts not a surprise clubs are interested in Cole, he's a very talented player for this level and with his head screwed on and with his ability he's been vital to us this season.
I hope he doesn't leave. Imagine next season if we could convince Ryan Woods to stay and lets not forget Mitchell, there must be a chance he will stay as i can't see many clubs willing to take a player who has just been injured for 9 months.
If we keep getting stronger and improving we are going to be a force next season.

Bridgy 81

Obviously it's difficult to begrudge Reece a move if it substantially improves his situation and of course nets us a healthy return.
But I think a lot of things have aligned for him with us this season.
And although he's done brilliantly well to take advantage I reckon he's been able to thrive due in large part to the way in which he's been received and supported here by the club and fans.
At a bigger club the expectations, pressures and potential criticisms would be significantly magnified.
I say stay with us, keep up your level of performance, be a key component of a decent League One squad, be appreciated and make a name for yourself at a club who'll value you.

Average Joe

If Reece Cole leaves for 500k(ish) then that is testament to our recruitment team and GC. Find a non league player who is free and sell him for 500k one year later. Excellent work.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's had a good first season with us but I don't think he's ready to move to a higher division. There's still aspects of his games he needs to improve and I think staying with us for another season as a minimum will give his longer term career a greater chance of success.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
All just a rumour , wait and see eh…..

STURTZ

Players move on, it's how we survive.
Excited to find out the next batch of players Marcus Flittcroft and the team are following.

budegrecian

The Lancashire Post confirming Preston’s interest in Reece. Also saying Portsmouth are no longer interested.

STURTZ

If Cole moves on it will show other players that signing a contract with us is no hindrance to getting that big money move. I'd be looking for about £750k which is what Preston paid for Stockley and also Storey I beleive.
I daresay they see in Cole something of the David Beckham, a player they famously had on loan before he established himself at M U.
I will miss him but what can you do?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Lancashire Post confirming Preston’s interest in Reece.
But that's another Storey :LOL: