• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reasons NOT to come to SJP tomorrow

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, this is the club that allegedly took less than 100 die-hard supporters to Leeds last season.............. :-O

So, let's get this straight - we actually took 28 times that number a few days ago............... :cool:

valetta baby

Well,myself and son are going to make the long trip tomorrow.
Looking forward to visiting a new club.
Some of your fans have been on our forum saying away end not great.
Is it covered/seated or like Yeovil open to elements/standing.Toilet/food facilities??

Expect tight game.Think we will both be scrapping to avoid relegation and these are the games where both managers will be targeting a result.

Will Marcus be playing?

We hav'nt quite sorted out our best 11 yet and Bowditch injury in 1st game and Roberts leaving club due off field problems hasn't helped us so expect another season desperately staving off bottom 4 slot.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well,myself and son are going to make the long trip tomorrow.
Looking forward to visiting a new club.
Some of your fans have been on our forum saying away end not great.
Is it covered/seated or like Yeovil open to elements/standing.Toilet/food facilities??
Expect tight game.Think we will both be scrapping to avoid relegation and these are the games where both managers will be targeting a result.

Will Marcus be playing?

We hav'nt quite sorted out our best 11 yet and Bowditch injury in 1st game and Roberts leaving club due off field problems hasn't helped us so expect another season desperately staving off bottom 4 slot.
Glad to have you along.

Prepare for the worst.

Marcus should play.

Looking forward to the 3 points.[ecfc]

city_is_my_life

The whole 'putting the family first' argument is so naff. It's one evening from about 6 until 10:30. There's still Monday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday until 12/1 and then from 5.30/6 and all day Sunday. Plenty of time for family. Adding to that the fact that the football season has just started so there have been several weeks without football.

CIML

Daughter of I_M

The whole 'putting the family first' argument is so naff. It's one evening from about 6 until 10:30. There's still Monday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday until 12/1 and then from 5.30/6 and all day Sunday. Plenty of time for family. Adding to that the fact that the football season has just started so there have been several weeks without football.

CIML
And what if you only see your beloved for that few hours each week? And have to work the rest of it?
Family are so much more important than an away game, or any game. That's why I wont be at Southampton as I'll be with my 3 year old on boxing day.
Who would actually pick going to football over seeing their child if that as the only time they could?
Also, the people that pick their families up from school and work. Their wives, husbands and children rely on them. You can't drop everything for a game of football. It doesn't work that way.

mammooman

Is it covered/seated or like Yeovil open to elements/standing.
This is our away end....enjoy!

Toilet/food facilities??
Toilet...if male think York City away but with added weeds. If female then I think the best option is just to hold it.

Food...not actually too bad, worth a try. (the little hut with the person standing outside on the photo is the food hut)

Will Marcus be playing?
More than likely.

Thames Valley Red

CIML
There speaks a man who does not have a young family, before you make sweeping comments understand the pressures of the school run/nursery run. Outside the football seasons other pressures for time exist as well. This family man is not going for a month, as a young child and second on the way make midweek games pretty impossible.

I know many City fans with young kids that pick there games due to the impact of kids, missing bedtime routine effects some kids.

UTC

TVR
Ps. I will wait to they day you have a young 'un and ask you again how you feel!

city_is_my_life

Something like Boxing Day is fair enough. But one Tuesday evening a month? Yes family is important, more so than football I agree. But it's also important to take time away from that, for every member.

Anyway, moving on from that...
This family man is not going for a month, as a young child and second on the way make midweek games pretty impossible.
Your second still not arrived yet then mate? Is that a week late? Or would the Leeds weekend have been early?

CIML

Last edited:

Brian Moore

Toilet...if male think York City away but with added weeds. If female then I think the best option is just to hold it.
More than likely.
Dont let GJW hear you say that!