• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reality for next season.

grecianboyy

After reading an interesting article on the WMN about this season just gone and what may be good for next season,although some good points were brought up it really does baffle me.

"A good season would be one of some joy, some struggles, four or five games without defeat, and hopefully not that long without a win." so this is the goal for next season?,to try and win four or five games in a row?,although that is an ask for an Exeter City squad,i should not be a goal!,it should be a necessity,if we keep hold of our young talent i don't see why we can't challenge for the play-offs,i don't expect it but theoretically we could do it!,but with Sir Rob leaving that one downer on the next season already,he worked well with the youth and knew their strengths and weaknesses better than i imagine Tis does.

So that's one downer,number two is that we are getting rid of some good youth prospects,Gosling was a really good player when he played,but now will probably come back to haunt us,by joining a conference team or maybe a league 2 team,and will net the winner against us,in the league or F.A cup or something,that's what normally happens,Matt Grimes is another he has been one of the best youth products for years,and one of the best players too put on a city shirt this seasons just gone,and although i know the club need money desperately i don't think the selling of Grimes should be an excuse,he should only go for the right fee and none of this "we're not standing in the way of our players crap",stand in his way and make sure you get the right deal on behalf of the player and the club,it's rules one of transfer management for god sake!,what makes it more annoying is that the money we may get from Grimes if he does go will be sent and put towards the suits behind the scenes,rather than into the playing budget,it always does if it does not then where the **** does all the money really go then?,i would love someone at the club too answer this question for us,it's been one of debate for years now!

I know some of you will agree and disagree with this,but it's all about reality really,rose tinters and everyone against the management,or whatever all need too realise that,we are not going anywhere as a club!,mid table mediocrity will be our status for years too come unless major changes are made,some off you seem to push the issues under the carpet after a few wins in the league,which is wrong!,i'm fully supportive of the team,as i know the right team,and right tactics could help push an assault on the upper reaches of the table next season,but the reality is i can't see that happening as the same issues will crop up again and again,to halt us going foreword as a club,the management is poor the manager ran out of ideas pretty quickly least season,and may well do again next season,the people behind the scenes are up too something with the money,they must be,we can't be this poor surely!,Exeter is one of the fastest growing cities in England so fans,and money shouldn't really be an excuse,a few good seasons will bring fans back and the money so that should not be an excuse!

Rant over peace out - grecianboy

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont understand how the negativity about the tream's prospects is going to help attract customers through the turnstiles? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot BIG time.

I have absolutely no enthusiasm for the new season and just presume that it will be more of the same....or worse.

grecianboyy

I'm only stating an opinion mate,i just want changes! :(

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont understand how the negativity about the tream's prospects is going to help attract customers through the turnstiles? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot BIG time.

I have absolutely no enthusiasm for the new season and just presume that it will be more of the same....or worse.
I always have enthusiasm for the new season but would imagine next season will be similar to the last. Enough to stay up but not enough to really threaten to do anything.

A bright enough start will be followed by a huge dip in form as we approach Christmas which will improve very slightly as the season comes to an end.

STURTZ

I look forward to the new season, always do, even if it just means meeting up, having a drink, standing on the terrace and moaning for 90 minutes (plus 15 when the pies are cold at half time).

I can actually imagine that our youngsters will return bigger and stronger after the summer so there is some reason for optimism for the season. Trouble is I can't see much improvement in our older player department.

crocks

I'm only stating an opinion mate,i just want changes! :(
Apologies, I didnt make it clear. I had no issues with your post only with the loonies in charge of ECFC.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Let us again hope there are at least 2 clubs worse than us, but still being in a downward spiral, the amount of clubs finishing below us, is rapidly diminishing with each season (n)

grecianboyy

Ah i see no worries crocks :D

grecianboyy

And i don't mean too be negative,i do look foreword too the season a few weeks away from it,but just right now,it's all bad news!,and it seems we are going too make the same mistakes next season as the one just gone.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And i don't mean too be negative,i do look foreword too the season a few weeks away from it,but just right now,it's all bad news!,and it seems we are going to make the same mistakes next season as the one just gone.
That's my fear too, and with a weaker squad (but all the suits still bleeding money from the budget).