• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 awful goals conceded.We probably would have won if Aimson or Sweeney had played 90 minutes. Don't think there is any coming back from that drop into the relegation zone.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well let's hope the players and manager don't have the same attitude as you. Who accepts relegation when you're half way through the season and on equal points with a team not in the relegation zone and you have a game in hand.
They obviously won't but the backing of the manager is misplaced and will see us down

Thought the performance was more in line with what I'd expect. If we played like that, we wouldn't storm the league, but we wouldn't have gone on this terrible run. Still very clearly lacking in the final third, but it's so so much better than two or three weeks ago.
Surely you have to take into account the opposition, who were also very poor! This isn’t a good quality league we saw that from the quality of Portsmouth on Boxing Day and given our league position shows how dire this team is, the team is dire but individually the players aren’t too bad but don’t seem to play well as a team, with a new manager I’m sure they could be moulded into a side that could remain in L1.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Atmosphere toxic after the game according to a mate who is there.

'Caldwell out chants galore'.
Usual noise from the same quarters and moronic over kill from individuals

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I’m gutted about the result but not the performance. Some won’t like to hear this but we missed Aimson today.

Massive moments in the game were the poor miss from Hartridge that would have put us up 2-1 and the really poor decision from Kite which leads to Hartridge scoring an OG right on HT!

With the current squad we have and all the injuries we have I thought this would be a game too far, but in my opinion we played better than I expected which makes the result so much more gut wrenching!

The players are still playing for GC and we need to get our injuries back soon to help the squad. The signings that we are able to make will define our season. There is no doubt that we need to have a very good window (easier said than done), but if we do there is still fight in this squad!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A bit rough but I think overall it was probably a fair result and Reading have finally dumped us into the relegation zone.
It was the constant moving the ball around in our own half when were in injury time instead of getting the ball down towards the goal.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
They obviously won't but the backing of the manager is misplaced and will see us down
I dont want Caldwell to stay, if it were down to me he'd have been replaced before Xmas, but to say you've accepted we're down is incredibly defeatist. Call me crazy but I still believe we'll stay up, not easily, but it'll happen.

Seemed to be a fan on the pitch at the end of the game - City fan?
Was a reading fan. Stuck the fingers a the the city fans. Maybe even a Caldwell In fan???!

I am certain GC is not the man for the job however I am not sure that someone parachuted in will do any better.
Could they do any worse?

Red faced

we re going to need to sign 2 new strikers to win matches if we keep defending like that - those same old individual faults - big fan of Alex but he drops so many clangers its become a real issue - same with kite - he shouldn't go anywhere near our defence and has been costly this season. we really messed that up for ourselves - I thought we were the best side and despite all these latest few matches where we've "improved" so much we've kept sliding and now in the relegation zone - we are just not good enough collectively....too many average players ....Gary you have to fkn go mate you really do..

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.