• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rats deserting the sinking ship

Mackster

Argyle are teetering on the brink of the abyss, deducted 10 points this week, 7 successive defeats, near certantities for relegation and oh the staff won't get paid again this week!

So what does Stapleton do in their darkest hour, he decides to take a 10 holiday in Dubai.

Just when you thought the farce that is Plymouth Argyle couldn't get an better/worse*, this just takes it to a new high/low*

For me he joins the pantheon of suits that is ruining our game, shame there is no punishment you can exact on people who show such negligence.

(* delete which is appropriate to you)

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Club-chief-sparks-anger-holiday/article-3257373-detail/article.html

tonykellowfan

"Tokyo-based Yasuaki Kagami, Argyle's single largest shareholder, has still never seen the club play."

Says it all really.

gus honeybun

I actually fear for football in this country.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I actually fear for football in this city.[/QUOTE]

Corrected for factuals.

papillon

I actually fear for football in this country.
Gus, we have a rather good model of how it can work. I appreciate many of your fans think that your club is above this (the sleeping giant syndrome) and of course IJN has always sneered at the bucket collections!!!

jase 07

Gus, we have a rather good model of how it can work. I appreciate many of your fans think that your club is above this (the sleeping giant syndrome) and of course IJN has always sneered at the bucket collections!!!
Apart from the big buckets at KFC of course.

ECFC Music

Yes looks bad doesn't it and like so many things it's the perceived abdication of duty that gets in fan's craws.But there are such things as instant communications and a plane back at short notice if the situation warrants.
Nevertheless not exactly the best decision to endear himself to supporters of Argyle but then perhaps his bridges are burnt anyway.Can think of a lot better places to go by the way !

Mackster

Yes looks bad doesn't it and like so many things it's the perceived abdication of duty that gets in fan's craws.But there are such things as instant communications and a plane back at short notice if the situation warrants.
Nevertheless not exactly the best decision to endear himself to supporters of Argyle but then perhaps his bridges are burnt anyway.Can think of a lot better places to go by the way !
I think it's the fact that he has shelled money out on a holiday when his players and staff are not getting paid. He's left it all to the mercenary Ridsdale to try and complete a sale, why doesn't he get involved, explain why he invested in the club and promote it as something worth saving?

He may think his work is done, but Janners will remember his actions over the last few months and I can't imagine living in Plymouth will be easy for him. Of course he can live in a far nicer city and be welcomed as a hero here in Exeter :D

Last edited:

ECFC Music

I think it's the fact that he has shelled money out on a holiday when his players and staff are not getting paid.
More likely he is seen as the captain leaving ahead of the crew when the ship is sinking.It's his own money so don't think that comes into it.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
More likely he is seen as the captain leaving ahead of the crew when the ship is sinking.It's his own money so don't think that comes into it.
Why does it not come into it?

He is the director of a business that is going to put many other businesses and families in difficulty.

I find it outrageous that someone in his position, in part responsible to ensure the staff and players at Giggle get paid, has jetted off on holiday (to one of the most expensive places in the world), when it is pretty evident those aforementioned people won't get paid again this Friday.

He's either incredibly stupid, or worse still, ignorant.