• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rate where we are as a club

How would you rate where we are as a club?

• A - Excellent

• B - Good

• C - Satisfactory

• D - Poor

• E - Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dannyred

Even some clubs in The Championship would give their right arms for facilities like C&F/Cliff Hill, and there are plans to improve it even more, watch this space.
Best plan would be buying it rather than spending more money on something that we don’t own.

Matt Russell

Best plan would be buying it rather than spending more money on something that we don’t own.
Every silver lining has a cloud.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The rent on the training ground is minimal.

Last edited:

Andy_H

I'm sure the club would be more than happy to receive your substantial donation towards the cost, assuming that the Clifford Hill Trust wish to sell of course!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at it from a different perspective, we should be very grateful that Clifford Hill made sure that City could continue to use his land for the benefit of the club at low c cost. Have some respect, Danny.

AlanDevlin

Having followed the Club for over 50 years, relative to the vast majority of that history the position is excellent. If the position of the club is compared to its peers of 50 years ago, some have gone on to better things (e g. Swansea, Bournemouth) while others (Workington, Barrow) have slipped away into obscurity.... still playing in the same league.... so it’s average.
Use of social media to drive the club to greater glories? Terrible!

Boyo

Having followed the Club for over 50 years, relative to the vast majority of that history the position is excellent. If the position of the club is compared to its peers of 50 years ago, some have gone on to better things (e g. Swansea, Bournemouth) while others (Workington, Barrow) have slipped away into obscurity.... still playing in the same league.... so it’s average.
Use of social media to drive the club to greater glories? Terrible!
That's an interesting thought, so I looked at the Clubs in the same division as us (Division 4) from 1969-70 to see where they are now:
2 are in the Championship: Brentford and Swansea
3 are in League One: Lincoln, Peterborough and Southend
9 are in League Two: Colchester, Crewe, Exeter, Grimsby, Newport, Northampton, Oldham, Port Vale, Scunny
5 are in the Conference: Aldershot, Hartlepool, Notts County, Wrexham and York
4 are Conference North/South or lower: Chester, Darlington, Bradford PA and Workington

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's an interesting thought, so I looked at the Clubs in the same division as us (Division 4) from 1969-70 to see where they are now:
2 are in the Championship: Brentford and Swansea
3 are in League One: Lincoln, Peterborough and Southend
9 are in League Two: Colchester, Crewe, Exeter, Grimsby, Newport, Northampton, Oldham, Port Vale, Scunny
5 are in the Conference: Aldershot, Hartlepool, Notts County, Wrexham and York
4 are Conference North/South or lower: Chester, Darlington, Bradford PA and Workington
Of those, only Swansea, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Colchester and Darlingtn are in new stadiums. Newport and having been reformed in that time.

Boyo

Of those, only Swansea, Scunthorpe, Northampton, Colchester and Darlingtn are in new stadiums. Newport and having been reformed in that time.
I'm not sure I see your point Hants, but I think it's fair to say that virtually all the grounds would be unrecognisable now compared to 50 years ago (ourselves included). Incidentally Chester play in a new ground and Notts County was completely rebuilt in a short period I believe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure I see your point Hants, but I think it's fair to say that virtually all the grounds would be unrecognisable now compared to 50 years ago (ourselves included). Incidentally Chester play in a new ground and Notts County was completely rebuilt in a short period I believe.
A new ground isn't a guarantee of success.

In League 2, I would rate Colchester's as the worse ground.