• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Radio Devon

Barney Singleton

I enjoy the commenary on Radio Devon's Exeter City games either home and away and like to record memorable games like Oxford away Wembley Man Utd Rotherham etc. Until recently you knew where you could hear it on the dail always 990 medium wave you could trust the Exeter game would be there. Since the new year Radio Devon have changed all this. Ian Brass was on FM and sport on medium wave Simples! It worked well you knew where you were and everyone was happy (maybe not in North Devon as they had a mix of Torquay Plymouth or us) Since the new year Radio Devon have dropped Mr Brass and put sport on FM too which is nice hearing your local side in hi-fi but the problem is you do not know what game is going to be on what. Gone are the days of City being on 990 medium wave we are on FM and Torquay on medium wave but sadly you do not know what City is going to be on. I wanted to record the recent great Leeds game i asked the folks at home to record the game. I tuned into 990 medium wave and off i went to the game. We beat them two nil excellent it should be a good recording of the game but alas Radio Devon put our game on FM and Torquay on medium wave not pleased. Yeovil i recorded it as i thought it was on FM and it was but it was not a great game. Last night Carlisle again i recorded on FM only to discover it was on medium wave. Plymouth are ok as they have their own frequency 95.7 so Torquay and City fight over medium wave and FM and am sure it is just annoying for Gulls fans too

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could you not record both, just to be on the safe side ;)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is recording from the radio legal?

Barney Singleton

Thank you i maybe an idea Ta

Barney Singleton

I think it is ok for personal use.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Might be an idea to check it out first before posting about engaging in potentially illegal activities eh?

;)

I always tune into Radio Devon when stood on the BB, it gives an interesting perspective on the game through the eyes of the press and ex pro when Jimmy G is there. Couldn't you do the same and if you wanted it recording you could then ring home and ask whoever to switch frequencies wherever necessary. Simples

Barney Singleton

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you for the advice.
Your welcome, it was my pleasure :D

Barney Singleton

There sorted! Thanks everyone