• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the Evening.

Langer

If City are safe by the time we play Torquay in a few weeks and Torquay could stay up should we let them win ?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, You go into every game to win it, No point in playing otherwise and unfair on other teams. Also ask yourself, Would they do the same if the positions were reversed?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are we capable of winning a game at home? Could well be a very easy 3 points for our Devon neighbours!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
the answer is no, but the bigger question is given our form at home the other lower sides will we be able to avoid them winning?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
the answer is no, but the bigger question is given our form at home the other lower sides will we be able to avoid them winning?
But, we do have a 100% record in the Devon derbys this season.

My answer is no. Couldn't really care less about Torquay. Wouldn't give a diddly if they stayed up or went down.

Although, close away games are hard to come by.

geoffwp

I WOULD give a diddly if the gulls went down. I want the three Devon sides in the football league and I want to keep another local derby. That wouldn't stretch to handing them points though. So while I wish the gulls well, I wish us the three points. Gulls will have to earn their place just as we will have to. Good luck to them, but better luck to us.

Well-known Exeweb poster
If WERE SAFE , wouldnt it be prudent to give the u 21's a run out?

FAN-TATIC

If WERE SAFE , wouldnt it be prudent to give the u 21's a run out?
No! We should strive to reach the highest position in the League that we can. Thus making sure we are not accused of unfairly affecting the other teams in the relegation battle.

In answer to the OP. If Torquay are already relegated when we play them, should they let us win to ensure that we keep our FL status? The answer again is no, for the reasons stated above.

Last edited:

contrabombarde

An interesting proposition. But I can't see that it would happen. The individual players have no such loyalty to Devon as perhaps we have, and even at this late stage they will still be trying to impress to feather their nests for next season.

Barum

No, You go into every game to win it, No point in playing otherwise and unfair on other teams. Also ask yourself, Would they do the same if the positions were reversed?
I beg to differ Dave...... under Tisdale City play not to concede...... Anything else is a bonus!!