• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the day

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
** Points and laughs **
He who laughs at the misfortune of others shall have his favourite services burnt down. One of my favourite proverbs. #OC

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shoddy reporting - NC not even mentioned.

LOG

He who laughs at the misfortune of others shall have his favourite services burnt down. One of my favourite proverbs. #OC
:p

I will take comfort from the fact that at least their burgers might be properly cooked now.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't say I've ever been a fan of Fleet services, but I certainly wouldn't set fire to it (worry)

Best services are either Gloucester or Tebay...probably the latter seeing as it's referenced in a HMHB song.

I miss the NC. Social groups were the back bone of Exeweb.

StroudGrecian

Best services are either Gloucester or Tebay...probably the latter seeing as it's referenced in a HMHB song.
Words rarely seen in the same sentence.

Swanaldo

Best services.
Services are for mugs, Yan Jeo, short detours to historic market towns are the way forward. You can offset the extra mileage by refuelling at a Morrisons or similar rather than paying Motorway petrol prices. You can also have a nice bit of cake and a proper cup of tea.

Wise words, Swanaldo.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Services are for mugs, Yan Jeo, short detours to historic market towns are the way forward. You can offset the extra mileage by refuelling at a Morrisons or similar rather than paying Motorway petrol prices. You can also have a nice bit of cake and a proper cup of tea.
I have a company fuel card which means I pay the same rate regardless of what the price on the pump says...although I don't tend to fill up at services anyway. If I'm driving distance I don't bother with detour, it's a case of pop in to a services, have a whizz, continue journey.

I wholeheartedly agree, Jan.

fred binneys head

I would have spelt it 'wiz' personally.