• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question for the stattos

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember Leon Braithwaite scoring in the first minute away at Mansfield (I think). No idea what second that was.
I have a feeling it was within 15 seconds. Was in the away end that day and we hung on for the 1-0 win!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have a feeling it was within 15 seconds. Was in the away end that day and we hung on for the 1-0 win!!
61 seconds according to this article on the Grecian Archive

Screenshot_20230806_143145_Chrome Beta.jpg

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
61 seconds according to this article on the Grecian Archive

View attachment 12297

Ah fair enough…how the memory cheats!!

Athelstan

Except for Aimson's 😁
Objection sustained. I will change my “have” for the pluperfect “had” for the sake of factuals, or at least I would have done were editing permitted.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Consecutive seasons into round two has to be fairly rare. Last time?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Consecutive seasons into round two has to be fairly rare. Last time?
Fairly recently actually - 15/16 and 16/17. 15/16 we won at Swindon then had the epic 3-6 at Sunderland, while the following year we famously beat Brentford 1-0 (Ampadu MOM on debut at 15) then lost to Hull.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fastest goal I've seen while watching City sadly went in at our end - Mark Stallard scoring the first of a hat-trick in a 4-0 trouncing by Fulham at Craven Cottage. Must have been about 10 seconds in.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fastest goal I've seen while watching City sadly went in at our end - Mark Stallard scoring the first of a hat-trick in a 4-0 trouncing by Fulham at Craven Cottage. Must have been about 10 seconds in.
Ah, I probably remember it more as the Ben Rowe game, what with him breaking new ground in City History with his red card ! :(

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I probably remember it more as the Ben Rowe game, what with him breaking new ground in City History with his red card ! :(
No, that was a different season - 90/91, in a 3-2 defeat (I wasn't there but remember seeing it on the London highlights show on the Sunday).

The 4-0 (Stallard HT) was in 94/95.

I'm pretty sure the 4-0 game was the one when someone brought a massive red and white parachute (?) which covered a big section of the away fans and we sang "we're not watching anymore" for most of the second half??