• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Quarter-finals

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree Jay, though it's difficult to call any of the remaining matches. It has been excellent entertainment though, mostly.
True, it's been a great tournament. There's been a few games I've thought about not watching (South Korea v Algeria, Costa Rica v Greece etc) yet all of them end up being enthralling. That Germany V USA game the other night was a eprfect example, it should have been dead and buried at 2-0.

Maybe it actually just seems so bloody good ebcause of the crap we're used to seeing at SJP.

grecIAN Harris

France (if you saw the way the Germans were defending against the Yanks you can work out why), Brazil (just because they will), Argentina (been disappointed really with Belgium, not as good as I was expecting) and Holland (hard graft will only Costa Coffee so far).

Silver fox

Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands.
First two up (y)

Alistair20000

First two up (y)
Yep well done Foxy. I believe Hants is currently licking his wounds though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep well done Foxy. I believe Hants is currently licking his wounds though.
I did, as a back up, say I'd be 100% wrong and so far I am!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Argentina 1-0 up through an early goal. Not sure that Belgium have the ability to get this back.

grecIAN Harris

I don't think it's so much about having the ability but the general all round drive. Kompany aside, they look a team devoid of leaders and winners.

Silver fox

Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands.
First 3 up (y)

Red & White

First 3 up (y)
Netherlands to win tonight, the final to be Germany v Netherlands I think.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hope tonight's game and the semi finals include a couple of really great games. The knockouts haven't been poor but we need a couple of three two's IMO.

Want the final to be Brazil v Argentina. Has capacity to be a great final, and the atmosphere will be electric. Brazil are desperate to win as hosts, and would be a nightmare for them if they lost to their biggest rivals at home.