• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

QPR and Norwich fixtures

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't Ticketzone go bust around May 2007.....?

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny how the club was adamant that the last two games of the season - both near sell-outs - didn't need to be all ticket, and if they were it would only discourage floating punters from coming.

Forward a couple of months and a new season and we have price hikes, surcharges on surcharges on surcharges, games being all ticket already, tickets not availiable at the club, tickets only on line or tickets only available through an agency.

And then when you get a ticket it's to sit anywhere you like. Except in a season ticket holder's seat. Which if you haven't been before and despite a sticker on the seat telling you so you won't know about until you are asked to move.

Then we have a retail outlet that's not ours selling merchandise we don't like that appears inferior to what we did like last year. And that retail outlet might not, except for a wad of cash, help sell match tickets (surely it'd be in their interests to get punters in the shop - might they not be tempted to buy something other than a ticket whilst in there), and has nothing advertising Trust membership.

We have ourt assistant manager leaving because he doesn't want to relocate his family (yeah, I thought that too), and a local radio station muscling in on matchday announcements now we're a little further up the pecking order.
Spot on...

As someone said a few days ago "Ecfc manage to balls up the most simplest of things" and I couldn't have put it better myself.

A ticket agency for league games? The only team in England to do this? Leading the way as per usual...

On a lighter note, City away travel this season, Last season you could book it either in the club shop or by phoning Jubby (Now Chris). Am i right in thinking it is no longer bookable in the club shop and is there anywhere at the club you can now book it, or is it over the phone only?

Lister

As someone said a few days ago "Ecfc manage to balls up the most simplest of things" and I couldn't have put it better myself.
Oh dear ... Spurs friendly, total balls up that ...

On a lighter note, City away travel this season, Last season you could book it either in the club shop or by phoning Jubby (Now Chris). Am i right in thinking it is no longer bookable in the club shop and is there anywhere at the club you can now book it, or is it over the phone only?
Try here :)

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bleddy Amazon, coming out at the top. :D

Antony Moxey

Oh dear ... Spurs friendly, total balls up that ...
Depends how much of a success you deem unallocated seats and season ticket holders and box holders continually having to ask people to move from their seats for quite a while after the game kicked off.

It's great having people shuffling about in front of you for half the first half while you're tryng to watch the game.

Ex-Mascot

Depends how much of a success you deem unallocated seats and season ticket holders and box holders continually having to ask people to move from their seats for quite a while after the game kicked off.

It's great having people shuffling about in front of you for half the first half while you're tryng to watch the game.
Personally to me a success is a technically meaningless game, attended by one of the biggest (if not the biggest) attendances City will get this season

Agree that Box Holders should not have to move people out of their allotted seats (after all you pay thru the nose for a box and the associated seats) but STH just remember that you are SEASON ticket holders and this was a PRE-SEASON game. Just sit somewhere else FFS - you can still watch the bedding match!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
There is no reason to use booking agencies, and this must come at a cost to the club? I agree with an online reservation system using the official site whereby priority members can reserve their ticket online for X days, and within those X days they have to pay for the tickets they are entitled to either over the phone, online, or in person at the club. Any reserved tickets unpaid for within the X days are released to general sale.

What am I missing? This seems so simple, it:

1. cuts down queues at the club by people being able to buy their secured tickets in more than one way,

2. takes in the exiles

3. allows the priority members to reserve their tickets and even seats like the current system in place

4. means we dont have to pay a third party and can make more money, and

5. allows the club to assess potential lilkelihood of sell-outs and provide adequate provisions to account for it. We could even use it to reserve tickets that fans are entitled to for away games, and use this information to inform that club to expect a minimum of Y fans, and to cater foir us all etc!!

Could this be organised in-club instead of using ticketzone?

LOG

Agree that Box Holders should not have to move people out of their allotted seats (after all you pay thru the nose for a box and the associated seats) but STH just remember that you are SEASON ticket holders and this was a PRE-SEASON game. Just sit somewhere else FFS - you can still watch the bedding match!
What does STH mean and what's a bedding match?

Serious questions.

Antony Moxey

just remember that you are SEASON ticket holders and this was a PRE-SEASON game. Just sit somewhere else FFS
You could sit elsewhere, but if the club gives you the opportunity to secure your seat for friendlies and cup games and you take up that option, why should you sit somewhere else?

Ex-Mascot

What does STH mean and what's a bedding match?

Serious questions.
"Season Ticket Holder" and that should have read "bledding" meaning a moderately less offensive word than something else!

Ant - fair shout about STH (apologies) but how can the club police it, and every other busy game City have this term, without either (a) a stupidly large stewarding presence, or (b) complete proper behaviour from people not sittting in a "reserved seat"?

I'm sure I'm guilty of double standards but any one/company who pays top dollar for a box and seats "owns them" for as long as they have the box imho, STH have the right to a seat, their chosen one for league matches, as they are paying substantially less per match

Not perfect I know, but surely it's the only way possible unless you want endless squabbles with people in yellow vests (and I know it's going to happen anyway). Maybe the only solution is to make STHs simply a seat in their chosen stand not a specific one? Not saying it's right but it'd much easier to police