• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pym transfer request

Cygnus

While Christy may have become a bit full of himself and needed bringing down to earth by Tis, with his relegation to the subs bench over
the last two games, now is the time to bring him back into the team. As he is clearly the better keeper and hopefully taking him out of the team will have helped him and he can come back against Burton a better keeper and a more humble person too. As while I have been told by people who know him that he does come across as arrogant some times, it is really confidence and all goalkeepers need that. So lets all get behind him and stop speculatin about him putting in a transfer request. He is going no where and I can see him being our 1st choice keeper for many years.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So I take it you are privvy to the fact that Pym was in fact benched on disciplinary grounds, for want of a better word. I also assume that you've been advised that his time on the bench has ended, and he'll be back for the next game?

Antony Moxey

Hasn't it been reported on these boards that Tisdale has said that Pym has had a very hectic schedule since the start of the season and was in need of a rest? Seems entirely plausible to me - this is his first season as No. 1 so won't have been used to a sustained period of the cut and thrust of league football, plus he's had his England duties as well. If he's looked tired in training then Hamon may well have looked better, however where it really matters, out on the pitch and not the training ground, Pym is quite obviously streets ahead.

So I don't hold with the 'punishment' theories - it seems they surface every time a player isn't selected and are clearly utter nonsense - and choose to believe what the manager has said rather than someone anonymous making mischief. Also, as with some others, I don't think anyone will be coming in for him in January. He's just too raw at the moment and not worth the punt. City will want a decent fee because of his potential but clubs won't be willing to pay for that potential as it might be a while before that's realised. Keepers are not the same as outfield players so I don't think other clubs would be ready to shell out for a keeper that isn't yet ready - they're unlikely to get a couple of minutes off the bench at the end of a game like an outfield player might.

So no he hasn't been punished, and he's not going anywhere either in my opinion.

PeteUSA

So Mr Cygnus logs off, rather than answer two straightforward easy questions from me! And we're expected to believe the content of his post?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hasn't it been reported on these boards that Tisdale has said that Pym has had a very hectic schedule since the start of the season and was in need of a rest? Seems entirely plausible to me - this is his first season as No. 1 so won't have been used to a sustained period of the cut and thrust of league football, plus he's had his England duties as well. If he's looked tired in training then Hamon may well have looked better, however where it really matters, out on the pitch and not the training ground, Pym is quite obviously streets ahead.

So I don't hold with the 'punishment' theories - it seems they surface every time a player isn't selected and are clearly utter nonsense - and choose to believe what the manager has said rather than someone anonymous making mischief. Also, as with some others, I don't think anyone will be coming in for him in January. He's just too raw at the moment and not worth the punt. City will want a decent fee because of his potential but clubs won't be willing to pay for that potential as it might be a while before that's realised. Keepers are not the same as outfield players so I don't think other clubs would be ready to shell out for a keeper that isn't yet ready - they're unlikely to get a couple of minutes off the bench at the end of a game like an outfield player might.

So no he hasn't been punished, and he's not going anywhere either in my opinion.
Artur and Tisdale had a massive fallout, so it does happen.

However, at the moment, I would be more inclined to believe that Tisdale is resting Pym. Extra international games on top of club games is a lot to ask anyone, but even more so for a kid of Pym's age.

GrecianWonder

Where's the evidence of this? Exeweb posters?

grecIAN Harris

Where's the evidence of this? Exeweb posters?
Shabba always knows everything going on within the club. [tap]

Antony Moxey

What does - players and management fall out? Of course it happens all the time, but that doesn't follow that the manager decides to take it out on the player by benching him - TBH unless he genuinely felt the player's replacement could do a better job then he'd be just plain stupid to do so.

I'd thought that the reason Artur was benched was because he was off anyway so Tis wanted to see how Pym would fare given he'd have a choice in the new season of either starting him as the number one or getting a replacement in for Artur.

Bootmaker

What tosh most of the keyboard warriors are going on about. How does anyone know the truth behind Pym being on the bench? Nobody does, its all speculation. Have known him as a youth and adult player, hes not at all arrogant, nice guy always happy to chat to fans, great manners and you dont see him gobbing off about the club or responding to allegations. Its the clubs fault for not being clear about what the situation is.
If he is off, then good luck to him but if not, then its about time the supporters got totally behind him.
At the end of the day hes been called up twice for England. He has had numerous player of the match awards, he appeared very supportive of Hamon when he was called up the first tine. He cant win every match single handedly thats up to the everyone on the squad.....
Fairweather supporters are two a penny, get behind the guy, hes worked bloody hard to get where he has at such a young age.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... How does anyone know the truth behind Pym being on the bench? Nobody does, its all speculation. ...
Well, we have what Tis has said in interviews and we have what Christy has tweeted. Personally, I'm quite happy with the veracity of that info. But this is exeweb where it's pretty bad form to introduce facts into the debate. Welcome aboard. :)