• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pubs For Away Fans

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing has happened. I would very much suggest that you check it out as there is a great atmosphere and away fans are always welcome in both the St James Centre and Red Square. You can also get a great pint of Tribute too!

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I echo Martin's praise of the St James Centre.

However, if you are desperate for a game of darts and pool, I would head for the Globe Inn, less than five minutes walk from the ground.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
If the weather is nice then head for Red Square outside the ground, beer and food al fresco. If the weather is poor then the St James Centre is best as you could, as an away fan feasibly drink there until 2.45 walk round the corner and still secure a decent spot on the away terrace, unless you are bringing loads!!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you like real ale, the Brook Green always does a nice pint of Otter!!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
If you like real ale, the Brook Green always does a nice pint of Otter!!
As does the Horse and Drey on (?) Blackboy road

iscalad

Wouldn't go there if you paid me, decent ale or not.

Away fans are more than welcome to spend their cash in the bars at the ground.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Worst. Pub. Ever.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Judging by the beer in the evening site, we are not short of pubs when arriving at Exeter St David, but wanted to gauge what the best option is for our simplistic needs?
You weren't hoping for quick consensus were you? Looks like you have started some sort of debate for what should be a simple question. :)

Phil Sayers

Worst. Pub. Ever.
It's certainly a very strong contender but I'll see that and raise you the Locomotive. I have been to both establishments precisely once each and will never, ever go back to either.

Swanaldo

Looks like you have started some sort of debate for what should be a simple question. :)
It is simple.

Get off train, look left across car park. You will see the Great Western Hotel, with at least 8 real ales on offer. Walk up the hill and stop for lunch in the Imperial (Wetherspoons, so you know the score - Burger and Beer for sixpence). Follow New North Road, avoiding the Locomotive (!) and you will end up in the Black Horse where you should be able to beat some poncy students at pool. Just up the road to the Brooke Green for more real ale and meeting up with the rest of your travelling support. Hop round the corner into the St James Centre for cheap pints of Tribute and a portion of chips in the Red Square.

Sorted.