• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Public Sector Strikes, 30th November.

MikeGrecian

I know of or have f$ck-all interest in politics until it results in my eldest having the day off school resulting in a impromptu xmas shopping trip.:mad:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im a firefighter. I am striking. Thats all

Out of curiosity, what age do firefighters retire and start drawing their pension?

Ecfc_4_Life

Are the Posties' striking?

*Asking because i know nothing about this strike cr*p.. sorry if ive made a WHHOOOOOSSSHH here..

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
My god, it's started, anyone feel the earth move ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good luck everyone who will be taking action today. No picket line crossing for me!

Good luck everyone who will be taking action today. No picket line crossing for me!
When you say action do you mean work? I'm off to pay my taxes and support the lazy b#stards.

Rog H K

I'm off to pay my taxes and support the lazy b#stards.
Ditto. They don't know how lucky they are!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
THe economy is f*cked. A position lefted from the previous goverment, banker and our trading partners also being completly f*cked. Also Fuel duty has been frozen when you consider it was due a 4p per litre rise ill take that. Over the issue of pensions i believe in this case the unions are wrong. The country has no money. All we are being asked to do is pay a little more towards what is and will still be a very generous pension(best in the country still). Also the extension of working years was always going to happen whichever goverment was in because we are living longer which costs a f*ck load of money unfortunately. Pay freezes is something which the private sector have had for the past 5 years(Obviously not across the board but large chunks of the private sector have). People forget that now in these times people in the public sector are paid as well if not more than the private sector workers get plus all the benefits of being a public sector worker that it brings. The NHS for example has the best sick policy and pay, the best holiday entitlement, the best pension(Even after the changes). All a strike is doing today is alienating people who work for nothin, get nothing and will lose out on a days pay they cannot afford to lose because unions and some people believe they shouldnt contribute a little more towards there pensions. In a ideal world everyone would have a good pension and before the bankers argument is thrown at me the banks and bankers should have a 50% bonus tax on anything over £15,000. Remember large chunks of people in the country(Self emplyed and small buisnesses) dont have pensions because people cannot afford them plain and simple

I am today working to cover a striker(1 person in our section 1 whole person). As i have stated previously this recession is gona last long and hard. Labour put us in this position, the bankers made it worse and then Europe going belly up has made our position even worse. It sucks it really does and tbh ide rather people gave up there pension(THe goverment gives us the cash back and we go private for example) and the cash saved is used to protect jobs for people. But the greed in people will not allow this to happen i believe. I just believe on that its the wrong issue at the wrong time to strike over.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there I was braced for barracking and whatnot for crossing the picket line. Only they forgot to set one up at the rear entrance. Well done, comrades.

delve in the hole

. All a strike is doing today is alienating people
Perhaps that's an unfortunate by-product and certainly that's the government's line but as i recall after the last strike this year the government renegotiated some aspects of the deal. So the strike may yet achieve more than just ******* people off. But even so ******* people off puts pressure on the government to change things.