• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Proud to be a Grecian

contrabombarde

Whether we had won or lost yesterday I am, and will continue to be "proud to be a Grecian". I support Exeter City Football Club irrespective of who the Manager, Chairman, CEO, DOF etc is. They are NOT ECFC, they can't be because ECFC was here long before they arrived and will be here long after they have gone.

It matters not who you work for, there will always be differences of opinion of the managers and staff, it's just the way it is.

I have been very disappointed with our performances in general this season, but they are now history, and it's time to move on.

Exeter City is my Club, it isn't by a long chalk the best there is, but it is mine and no other team will ever replace it.

I am Exeter, We are Exeter!
Excellent reply. My sentiments entirely. If I was articulate enough I would have written exactly the same.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love our thick posters
They're almost as good as family biased ones.:p;)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Whether we had won or lost yesterday I am, and will continue to be "proud to be a Grecian". I support Exeter City Football Club irrespective of who the Manager, Chairman, CEO, DOF etc is. They are NOT ECFC, they can't be because ECFC was here long before they arrived and will be here long after they have gone...............I am Exeter, We are Exeter!
Agree 100% Fanny. Very well put. This is exactly how I feel and I think it is a shame that some fans have deserted City "until Tisdale leaves". It is our club, forever and always. Without the fans it is nothing.

Avening Posse

Excellent reply. My sentiments entirely. If I was articulate enough I would have written exactly the same.
Seconded, a great post that says it all......

PeteUSA

God almighty! All the 'tinters' are chiming in here at one time! Excuse me a minute, I,ve gotta go and spew up!

malcolms

Seconded, a great post that says it all......
No genuine City supporter should be less than pleased by a result that ensures our continued membership of the Football League. However, sadly it will be used by many as some sort of justification to maintain the status quo...If the game had been lost yesterday the demand for change would have reached a level that would have been difficult to resist. Now I suspect the people who have overseen a disastous season, both on and off the field, will be allowed to plan (and I use this word very loosely) for another.....................

Avening Posse

No genuine City supporter should be less than pleased by a result that ensures our continued membership of the Football League. However, sadly it will be used by many as some sort of justification to maintain the status quo...If the game had been lost yesterday the demand for change would have reached a level that would have been difficult to resist. Now I suspect the people who have overseen a disastous season, both on and off the field, will be allowed to plan (and I use this word very loosely) for another.....................
Yep agree Malcs, I was seconding Fanny's post though, and I don't think he was delving into that stuff UTC

Avening Posse

God almighty! All the 'tinters' are chiming in here at one time! Excuse me a minute, I,ve gotta go and spew up!
Morning Pete, did you actually read Fanny's post that Contra was commenting on ??

NotDannyColes

Tisdale gets no credit from me, for anything he's done this season. I believe he's a totally clueless manager, who has no idea about team tactics, selection or discipline. I cant express how delighted I am that Christy Pym kept a clean sheet yesterday, and that we achieved our objective of remaining in the Football League. That said, I still maintain that you dont drop your first choice experienced keeper in a crucial game like yesterdays for disciplinary reasons, and risk us losing our football league status for ever, just to make a point to Krysiak.

Its fantastic to be a football league club next season, but the downside is that we cant afford ANY new signings for next season. Tisdale, Tagg, Perryman, Chorlton and many of the others should be ashamed that they're drawing a sizeable wage for what they do from the fans money!
Agreed. No doubt he'll take all the credit for it.

PeteUSA

So you dont think there'll be dramatic cutbacks in the suit department to free up some cash to buy two or three players Malc? Tisdale and Tagg taking pay cuts, Perryman retiring, the decision being arrived at that we dont need to pay a wage to a chairman who half the time doesnt know who he's chairman of? You cant see anything like that happening?