• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pro's & Cons...

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Save the Licence fee.
What really irks is paying Sky for their services but still having to pay the TV license. I don't even have a conventional aerial. I'd love to see someone take 'tv licensing' to court, but don't suppose that will ever happen.

ECFC TOM

The thing with Sky is, one week you will get 5/6 games then another you will just get Bolivia v Venezuela at 2 o'clock tuesday morning :mad:

But overall Sky is the better option.

Ian Sideman

Of sky tv , Setanta , old skool channel 1-4 , or digibox....

Im moving into my first house in the next few weeks and havent decided what to do...

I love Sky+ got it at home but its proper expensive nearly 50quid a month...

Setanta looks best value at the moment....
Want to watch the Ashes next summer. Then it's a no-brainer...

angelic upstart

Burn you TV.

Do fun stuff with your girlfriend instead.

Antony Moxey

Whaddaya mean, "old skool channel 1-4" - has Channel Five still not reached terrestrial down in Gods Own County?
Nor will it ever I'm led to believe, something to do with French frequencies or something or other (which is bizarre considering we're the first away from France along the south coast)

Anyways, go the whole hog and get Sky, Sport, Movies and Setanta. Plenty of footy, motorsport, NFL, MLB and WWE, plus the chance of a decent movie or two late on.

I have to say I'd REALLY miss it if we dropped one the packages now, and it's such hard work trying to convince SWMBO that the tenner a month for HD really would be money well spent....

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor will it ever I'm led to believe, something to do with French frequencies or something or other (which is bizarre considering we're the first away from France along the south coast)

Anyways, go the whole hog and get Sky, Sport, Movies and Setanta. Plenty of footy, motorsport, NFL, MLB and WWE, plus the chance of a decent movie or two late on.

I have to say I'd REALLY miss it if we dropped one the packages now, and it's such hard work trying to convince SWMBO that the tenner a month for HD really would be money well spent....
Ide have sky although the F.A Cup is on setanta so would be tempted to get normal sky and Setanta as if you like wrestling then watch TNA on Bravo at 9pm on a saturday night and once a month the PPV on wednesday night. Atm have The whole sky package at half price at home although i wouldnt really miss any of it if didnt have it.

Antony Moxey

TNA? Nah, prefer WWE. Besides, it's more for the lad than me, so he's happy watching it at tea time, and as for PPV, well I may as well stick with monthly subscriptions and watch all the channels I like when I like rather than a couple of hours once a month.

At the moment the just over £50 a month isn't really a biggie so I'll stick with what I've got. Although HD would be nice...

DB9

With the switch over to digital starting soon the basic freeview will be enhanced to get a choice to subscribe to channels eg sport, movies etc if you want. As for Sky the amount of crap and repeats on it i'm considering getting rid, Work at the moment means i haven't watched hardly any games at the moment and as for the rest on it i can live without

Scooterboy 65

TNA? Nah, prefer WWE. Besides, it's more for the lad than me, so he's happy watching it at tea time, and as for PPV, well I may as well stick with monthly subscriptions and watch all the channels I like when I like rather than a couple of hours once a month.

At the moment the just over £50 a month isn't really a biggie so I'll stick with what I've got. Although HD would be nice...
I've just had a HD box installed it makes the footy games look great. So much clearer
They do rip you off though with the extra tenner a month for having it.