• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Promotion?

ivanthedagger

As a Dagenham & Redbridge fan lucky enough to see your team a few weeks ago, I cannot understand why the bookmakers are so dismissive of your chances of going up this year.

The football you played was up there with the best I have seen at Victoria Road in the past eight seasons.

Your last eight league results must put you near the top of the past eight games league that a lot of pundits use to gauge the future prospects of teams in every division.

Dagenham managed promotion a few years ago with a similar sized squad, a much smaller home and away support and a team playing hoofball, not the quality football your team played against us recently.

My money is already down, but any views on why the bookmakers are still offering up to 20/1 would be appreciated. They are not normally so generous, but perhaps they are not so hot on our league.

Whatever this season brings, good luck to you all, and please send Mr Still home on Saturday with his tail between his legs.

ECFC_George

Your last eight league results must put you near the top of the past eight games league
Were 4th in the last 6 league table

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/sky-bet-league-2

Not sure about last 8 but we must be near the top of that as well I'd imagine

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a Dagenham & Redbridge fan lucky enough to see your team a few weeks ago

The football you played was up there with the best I have seen at Victoria Road in the past eight seasons.
Really...??

The Grecians were poor in the first half at Dagenham....

STURTZ

This bloke doesn't realised, "We're dooooooooooooomed!"

Terryhall

Too soon to talk of promotion - lets have a look after November / December, that's where the season will start to tell on a smaller squad.

andrew p long

the upcoming transfer embargo (and even if it doesn't happen we can't afford to sign anyone anyway)

no strength in depth - outside the 13 who played on Sunday the 5 subs are all inexperienced youngsters with not much more than a dozen games between them

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we can keep the side fit we can compete with anyone in this league.

Our back up just is not there though. The lads have potential but are to young, inexperienced and lack the physical strength at the moment to really compete in league 2/

Not interested in considering promotion or finishing in the play-offs at this stage of the season with just 15 games played. It's pointless. The end of January, when the transfer window is closed will give us a much better idea of where we are and what we can achieve. Will Grimes and Pym still be here? Who,if anyone have we signed in the transfer window? Have we managed to avoid a second transfer embargo? How are we doing or have done in the FA Cup? Where are we in respect of injured players? Just some of the question to which at present we do not know the answers.

Let's take each game as it comes and see where it takes us.

PeteUSA

Will Grimes and Pym still be here?
Grimes possibly not, but I dont think Pym has done enough to get snapped up this season. I said at the start of the season that I think Pym has been thrown in at the deep end, and I still think thats the case. I think he's still a season away from the undisputed number one he's been made with no experienced cover.

Not interested in considering promotion or finishing in the play-offs at this stage of the season with just 15 games played. It's pointless. The end of January, when the transfer window is closed will give us a much better idea of where we are and what we can achieve. Will Grimes and Pym still be here? Who,if anyone have we signed in the transfer window? Have we managed to avoid a second transfer embargo? How are we doing or have done in the FA Cup? Where are we in respect of injured players? Just some of the question to which at present we do not know the answers.

Let's take each game as it comes and see where it takes us.
all good points well made - these are indeed the woes of an under capitalised lower division club