• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Prices for next season.

I'd like to see a loyalty card introduced. The more tickets you buy the more points you gain for money off things like shirts ,scarfs etc.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to see a loyalty card introduced. The more tickets you buy the more points you gain for money off things like shirts ,scarfs etc.
Good idea, can non scarfers have free beer?

Hah ,there's an idea.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Why not ask supporters to pay what they think it was worth on the way out?
Bloody hell ! There have been days when I wouldn't of paid £5 (Oxford)

Avening Posse

I went to a Bath City Community Day a couple of years ago, they played Chelmsford, and they told all supporters you could choose to pay what you liked on the day, their gate that day was about 1,250, and they normally only got about 650, and by all accounts they made money on it and massively improved the atmosphere for the day.

The pay what you think is worth would be a good idea as a one off promotion and it might make money however you'd get people that would abuse that premise regardless if the match was entertaining or not. Effectively making the match a gold coin donation only for the majority of people. Which with the club so reliant on the matchday income would be a big risk I think.

Based on the average of 15 pound a person on a 4k attendance in a normal match day its 60k. You could on the pay what you think match lose 90% of that income which would be a big drop. A big gamble in anyones book i think.

Last edited:

GRECIAN_LDN

For what it's worth, I think that the prices for the big bank are fair and should remain the same, even a £1 increase wouldn't break the bank for most people. Rightly or wrongly, I can see this happening. From a business perspective, this small increase would not discourage the regular fans from coming and would generate extra income, so therefore makes sense. I'm not saying I agree with this but it is feasible.

I think that WTS Stand prices are too high. There is no way that any supporter should be paying more than £20 to watch league 2 football. If the WTS stand was £20 and the Big Bank was £18 this might encourage people to use the WTS instead of the BB which could cover some of the costs of reducing the price. I'm not saying it will but from the clubs perspective reducing prices will be a good PR move.

I definitely think we should be targeting new supporters, with PL and CL football becoming easier and easier to stream for free we need to encourage youngsters to come to SJP. When i was younger the quid a kid days were brilliant. I used to come to matches with a group of about 20, 50% of them weren't that bothered about football but came for the day out. Even if one of those becomes a fan of Exeter City then surely that has to be seen as a success.

We have a huge catchment of students and armed forces personnel on our door step. We need to be getting them to games. I understand we don't have massive resource within the club to focus on PR and marketing. There must be someone at Exeter uni or Exeter College studying marketing or business who would jump at the chance of working with a professional football club as a placement or work experience. This could be done with little cost to the club. They would also have direct contact with the student population and if it gets a few more through the gate and spending money in the bar then great. If it doesn't work, what have we lost?

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth, I think that the prices for the big bank are fair and should remain the same, even a £1 increase wouldn't break the bank for most people. Rightly or wrongly, I can see this happening. From a business perspective, this small increase would not discourage the regular fans from coming and would generate extra income, so therefore makes sense. I'm not saying I agree with this but it is feasible.

I think that WTS Stand prices are too high. There is no way that any supporter should be paying more than £20 to watch league 2 football. If the WTS stand was £20 and the Big Bank was £18 this might encourage people to use the WTS instead of the BB which could cover some of the costs of reducing the price. I'm not saying it will but from the clubs perspective reducing prices will be a good PR move.

I definitely think we should be targeting new supporters, with PL and CL football becoming easier and easier to stream for free we need to encourage youngsters to come to SJP. When i was younger the quid a kid days were brilliant. I used to come to matches with a group of about 20, 50% of them weren't that bothered about football but came for the day out. Even if one of those becomes a fan of Exeter City then surely that has to be seen as a success.

We have a huge catchment of students and armed forces personnel on our door step. We need to be getting them to games. I understand we don't have massive resource within the club to focus on PR and marketing. There must be someone at Exeter uni or Exeter College studying marketing or business who would jump at the chance of working with a professional football club as a placement or work experience. This could be done with little cost to the club. They would also have direct contact with the student population and if it gets a few more through the gate and spending money in the bar then great. If it doesn't work, what have we lost?
Yep, bring back quid a kid for sure

Red Bill

Promotion and marketing are too important to leave to a student with no experience of the business IMO. A good marketing man should easily pay for himself and as this is an area I consider both club and trust to weak on, I think the club should look to employ someone to up our game.

I think the BB prices are fine, but would cap seated areas at £23 as I think the current price of a seat in the cowshed is way too high for league 2.

GRECIAN_LDN

Promotion and marketing are too important to leave to a student with no experience of the business IMO. A good marketing man should easily pay for himself and as this is an area I consider both club and trust to weak on, I think the club should look to employ someone to up our game.
I'm not suggesting that it should be left to a student to look after all of our marketing department. I think that the club could use one as a liaison between the marketing department and the student population of Exeter. They could use the club to gain experience and the club can use them to help us better engage with the student population. There will be no cost to the club and if they come up with one initiative which makes money for the club then its a bonus. If they are useless they can do the admin work.