• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premiership lacking of understanding - Liverpool fans

Boden512

In no particular order:

1. Red Square, open air ECFC club bar behind the Flybe Stand, away fans usually welcomed.
2. Well Street tavern, 2 mins from away end. Heavily stewarded but OK.
3. Duke of York, corner of York and Sidwell street, close to the ground. Away fan friendly but stewarded.
4. The Vic (Victoria), corner of Union Road and Victoria Street 5 mins uphill over the railway bridge behind the old stand. Student-type pub with friendly atmosphere.

Not sure whether all or any will have special stewarding tomorrow night, never any trouble at SJP unless away fans bring it. We are a lot of dopey West Country bumpkins, after all...
cheers! there won't be any trouble, promise!

grecian55

Hello,

I am a Liverpool season ticket holder who will be at St James' Park tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to the early drive and while many fans you read on the forums might take the ****, I feel a really uncomfortable and nauseating evening down south tomorrow night! As for fielding a team of kids, I highly doubt it. (Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson, Poulsen, Spearing, Joe Cole, Conor Coady, Raheem Sterling, Carroll - For what it's worth!)

Anyway, just a quick one to say please don't judge us by the morons that are on our forums. I flat out refuse to join them. We are a generally respectful bunch who, if you do draw us at Anfield in a future Cup competition, will welcome you with open arms at every pub up the Walton Breck Road, guaranteed. Best of luck tomorrow anyway, whatever the result(and I'm not optimistic), I hope you guys get a decent wodge out of it.

Sincerely,

Dan.

PS- Any recommendations for a pre match pint?
Thanks for the decent post and respect Dan ,please wear a waterproof jacket ! you have been warned ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
what I want from a pub: bouncy topless waitresses, a complete smoking ban, in a castle. I would, however, settle for a pint and a nice amble to the ground.
As amended. But see post above for reality...

boden, the ground is at the top end of town. plenty of watering holes in the centre then a 10-15 min walk to ground or if your a lazy f*ck catch a bus a couple of stops!!

im sure all liverpool fans in the away end are welcome. its just the ones who are local, have never watched them before and will be in the home end that's annoying!

safe journey

MikeGrecian

Hello,

I am a Liverpool season ticket holder who will be at St James' Park tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to the early drive and while many fans you read on the forums might take the ****, I feel a really uncomfortable and nauseating evening down south tomorrow night! As for fielding a team of kids, I highly doubt it. (Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson, Poulsen, Spearing, Joe Cole, Conor Coady, Raheem Sterling, Carroll - For what it's worth!)

Anyway, just a quick one to say please don't judge us by the morons that are on our forums. I flat out refuse to join them. We are a generally respectful bunch who, if you do draw us at Anfield in a future Cup competition, will welcome you with open arms at every pub up the Walton Breck Road, guaranteed. Best of luck tomorrow anyway, whatever the result(and I'm not optimistic), I hope you guys get a decent wodge out of it.

Sincerely,

Dan.

PS- Any recommendations for a pre match pint?
Pre match pint defo has to be The Wells Tavern and a pint of Addlestones in a poxy plastic glass,proper no frills boozer!

Boden512

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I'll leave you guys alone to laugh at us in private!

Best of luck tomorrow.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for all of your suggestions, I'll leave you guys alone to laugh at us in private!

Best of luck tomorrow.
Not needed, we're happy to laugh with you and in public. Especially if you wear a green shirt with "Ginsters" on the front.

You boys are on a hiding to nothing, if you win 5-0 no-one will be surprised, if you lose or win scruffy they'll all say Liverpool aren't the team they were.

Whereas we need the money and will chase every ball.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hate Sky, I hate Premiership, I hate any teams bigger than us, I hate teams with loads of money. F*ck sake get a grip. Just enjoy the game and if you're not going then don't go, just shut up about it.

angelic upstart

I'm from Heswall on the Wirral originally but live and work in Liverpool.

As for what I want from a pub: topless waitresses, a lax smoking ban and a bouncy castle. I would, however, settle for a pint and a nice amble to the ground.
You're alright then la.

With this lax smoking ban you speak of, do you wanna pop the bouncy castle?

angelic upstart

I hate Sky, I hate Premiership, I hate any teams bigger than us, I hate teams with loads of money. F*ck sake get a grip. Just enjoy the game and if you're not going then don't go, just shut up about it.
No, why should I?