• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre season tour destination Perdiction thread

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm dreaming of Mangotsfield and would like to see Stroudy "stitched up" in the first goal sweepstake again.
Never going back again. Cheating ****ers.

the dog2

Back to Rio will suit me fine!
Sorry John don't think you will get your wish but what about this that has come my way?

BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
Go Brazil Nuts!
A Unique Opportunity to be Associated With a Very Special Football Match That Will Definitely Make News!
As most people know, the first ever team to play Brazil, back in 1914, was your very own Exeter City.
In 2014, along with a play at The Northcott Theatre celebrating a 100 years of that incredible day in Rio de Janeiro and the release of a book detailing the whole of the tour of Argentina and Brazil that the club undertook in 1914, the club returned to Rio to play once again.
The match once more was in the historic Laranjeiras Stadium, home of the Brazilian footballing giants, Fluminense and where the original match was played.
Now, in 2015, Fluminense are coming to play at St James Park in Exeter!
Yes, one of the giants in South American football is set to play in Exeter!
The match will be on Monday 20th July, one day short of the 101st anniversary of the original game. The media interest will obviously be high and we are guaranteed an extremely interested audience for the visit of this famous club. Fluminense will arrive on 17th July, will stay locally, departing Tuesday 21st for a tournament in the Czech Republic
So a chance to maybe see some old friends

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Now if this is correct its a good idea. Could attract a decent crowd marketed properly. (y)

Barum

Sorry John don't think you will get your wish but what about this that has come my way?

BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
Go Brazil Nuts!
A Unique Opportunity to be Associated With a Very Special Football Match That Will Definitely Make News!
As most people know, the first ever team to play Brazil, back in 1914, was your very own Exeter City.
In 2014, along with a play at The Northcott Theatre celebrating a 100 years of that incredible day in Rio de Janeiro and the release of a book detailing the whole of the tour of Argentina and Brazil that the club undertook in 1914, the club returned to Rio to play once again.
The match once more was in the historic Laranjeiras Stadium, home of the Brazilian footballing giants, Fluminense and where the original match was played.
Now, in 2015, Fluminense are coming to play at St James Park in Exeter!
Yes, one of the giants in South American football is set to play in Exeter!
The match will be on Monday 20th July, one day short of the 101st anniversary of the original game. The media interest will obviously be high and we are guaranteed an extremely interested audience for the visit of this famous club. Fluminense will arrive on 17th July, will stay locally, departing Tuesday 21st for a tournament in the Czech Republic
So a chance to maybe see some old friends
Lets hope this happens Dave, and they bring some some of their fans, weather & enthusiasm with them!

On the other hand will The Arrogant One use it as an excuse again when we go 7 games without a win in August & September? (facepalm)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its the under 21's

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Its the under 21's
Was that who we played out there? Maybe not quite as good as I first hoped.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure think it was a bit of a mixed side out there ?

Barum

Yes, we played the under 21s out there. But they will still be worth watching, we hardly had a touch of the ball for the first 10 - 15 minutes!

grecian109

Scotland. Heard it here first. :)

SGF

Scotland. Heard it here first. :)
Is the correct answer [tap]