• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Potential New Signing - Dan Ball

Sprocket

I have it on reasonably good authority that we are currently running the rule over Bath City centre back, Dan Ball.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have it on reasonably good authority that we are currently running the rule over Bath City centre back, Dan Ball.
Well, the geography fits...5 minute diversion off the motorway.... :)

Red Monster

Well, the geography fits...5 minute diversion off the motorway.... :)
As soon as I saw this I knew you would be the first comment..(y)

Pete Martin (CTID)

DAN BALL
born: Bristol ¦ age: 23 ¦ dob: 21-11-1991
debut: Welling United 18-8-2012
apps: 130 (8) ¦ goals: 6
previous clubs: Bristol City
Versatile defender Dan was a product of Bristol City's Academy and signed a professional contract in July 2010. Although he suffered a number of injury problems he twice had his contract at Ashton Gate extended before being released in May 2012. After joining City on trial that summer the 22-year old impressed sufficiently to be offered a one-year deal at Twerton Park. He soon secured a regular starting XI place and as the season progressed was one of City's most consistent and impressive players, which he carried on into the 2013-14 season despite missing a couple of months with a broken collarbone. Now in his fourth season at Twerton Park with approaching 150 appearances under his belt.

grecian109

Dan Ball recently won both the supporters' player of the year and player's player of the year awards

Can play right-back as well as CB. I've seen him a couple of times over the years, a very consistent performer. I've thought a couple of times he could probably do a job for a Conference side at least, League 2 wouldn't be too much of a jump for him either.

malcolms

As soon as I saw this I knew you would be the first comment..(y)
Good that you know the truth and the reality of the remark.... If we sign the guy, I hope he turns out to be just what we need. How much more refreshing if it said we'd been tracking a centre back playing for Todmorden or Towcester....

ecfc2000

According to a Bath City regular, he's 'composed on the ball but short and struggles in the air on set pieces'. He should fit right in!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely the type of player we should be going for

Red Devon

We need to take a chance on players like this...signing free transfers from the the likes of Crewe, Cambridge etc isn't the answer!!