• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth F.C. V Exeter City Matchday Thread

A tough ask of our still very small squad. Winnable game all the the same. I will be investing in a ‘Now tv‘ pass to see us win 2-1

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another strong test for our team. A shortish trip for me and no doubt will be there far too early!

Jason's preview

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We appear to have addressed last season's habit of conceding daft goals after defensive **** ups (touch wood) and so I see no reason why we can't come away with a point at least. We look like a side to be reckoned with and if Pompey aren't on their game we'll catch them out.

Another cagey goalless draw for me.

Red red

Well after watching some of the appalling refereeing this season hoping the Sky cameras don’t make them worse, but no guarantee.
Hard game tonight a draw I think would be an excellent result so come on city

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Won't be watching this one, working again. Will get home at 2am and gradually reveal the result by working my way slowly through this thread. Sad but true!
Please can I ask that the Norman Collier card is used responsibly, in fact I think that only relatives of Graham Parker are allowed to use it. Also can I get the inevitable "It's just a rumour" out of the way now?
Draw:2:2

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
My first away day of the season can't wait. I'm also going for a 2-2 draw with Trevett and my boy Scotty pilfering the goals with 589 Grecians there live

Ex-ciderrr

Will be watching on the box from home, tight game could go either way this one. Here’s hoping, UTC

iscalad

Now TV pass for me. Usually good games against Pompey. Hoping for the best, as usual.

Banksy

Now on my playlist record on Sky in case I’m late in and miss the beginning.Normally cut out the annoying halftime chatter and summing up but will make an exception this time as City are playing.🥳

BigBankAl

Hoping the traffic gods bless us later. 3-2 City.