• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

An explanation to the three periods of applause

I'm sure that they were wonderful people and loyal supporters of their club, but three sets of commemorative applause in the same game?

How did football become so sentimental? I blame Princess Diana*.

* And staying on theme, I also blame Gary Caldwell

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can’t blame GC for Harper getting himself sent off.
But you can disagree with selecting Harper in the first place when we could have Kite playing there (and not Kite out of position at wing back)

DPR1901

What reports?
For 'reports' read 'unsubstantiated assumptions'.

Cowshed Grecian

I’m trying to find some positives about this GC reign so far..at the moment I’m starting to really lose interest in his interviews now, ever since he got here he keeps saying what we need to do better, well he needs to start carrying it out otherwise it’s just noise coming out of his mouth.
On paper it looks like he has potentially brought in some good players. The thing is what concerns me is we already had a decent set of players moulded and used to playing a certain way. IMO he would of been better off realising that, sticking to it and building on it. Instead he’s changed the way we build up and attack from the flanks and we are not effective going forward.
Also if he’s building for the future…wouldn’t this be an ideal time to be playing Harry Lee in the net and trying to get Sonny involved?

Avening Posse

Getting concerned now. The experimental stuff needs to be parked and a strong stable 11 needs to grind out the points needed first. Poor squad management and a very unsettled side

Colesman Ballz

You can’t blame GC for Harper getting himself sent off.
Of course you can, Caldwell picked the useless wassock to play, which is only reason he was on it to start with ! :)

Mr Cow Shed

Was the website correct in saying that Kite was playing at RWB? That seems absolutely bizarre if true, the only two requirements for that position being dynamism and a good cross being about the only two things he doesn’t have

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was the website correct in saying that Kite was playing at RWB? That seems absolutely bizarre if true, the only two requirements for that position being dynamism and a good cross being about the only two things he doesn’t have
Kite played there in the last game as well !

simcity

He's played the last 3 at RWB and looked uncomfortable there in all the games. The radio commentary today was telling, they said he looked considerably better when playing in CM after Harper got sent off...

Cowshed Grecian

How long is Harper banned for now? Hopefully 3 games or more. He’s done the square root of FA since he’s been here, calamitous! Ipswich laughing at us paying his wages for them.