• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point is, being wed to a strategy that isn't effective is not a good quality.

Happily, GC's strategy is effective, just took a while to get there!
You can be wed to a strategy but adapt your tactics; that is the sensible thing to do

Bridgy 81

Our run for the play offs is sadly a little bit late!
It is, but although we’re slap bang in the middle of the table in 12th spot after yesterday’s win we’re closer to the playoffs in points than we are the relegation zone (15 v 18).

grecIAN Harris

Our run for the play offs is sadly a little bit late!
Are you not aware that this the prelude to next season's run for the play-offs, and apperitif of what is to come.😉

Last edited:

Exehausted

Such a shame that............................. the season is finishing just as we are getting into our stride ;) It certainly feels good being a City fan currently! With a hugely changed team without 1st team regulars in Carroll, Cole, Sweenz and Aitchison it makes the result and the 2nd half performance even more impressive. Without getting carried away, if we can add Woods, a quality GK and three to four quality players such as Harris back on loan and if Demi resigns then I don't see why we can't be set for top ten next season - that's what Gary is aiming for so I think we as fans should do to. What also pleases me is that hopefully in Pedro and JR Hartley we potentially have two more home grown to takes the places of Hartridge and Kite. We have a solid base defensively and in Alli and Sonny we at least have two strikers already in the building - recognising we need one if not two more. The recruitment of players from non league has been hugely impressive with Cole, Harper and Alli all excellent. If we can continue to pick up other gems from the conference it can ensure we can compete financially against teams recruiting upwards. Don't want the season to end and already looking forward to pre-season :love:
Don't forget Sonny. It must be our age because yesterday I named four but forgot Cole, who, as I said, is my player of the year. Older age never comes on it's own!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
To prove my point

roger wellman

Record equaling 8th away win in this division post 1945 (I think).

iscalad

Just watched the highlights, what a great performance! our goals were outstanding! I take it we're letting Mr Sinisalo off for his error of judgement for their second; although I suspect Ian H will probably say he had no chance! :rolleyes:
Worse errors occurred in the PL yesterday.

Exehausted

Worse errors occurred in the PL yesterday.
Yes, the Burnley keeper has had a tough two matches. To make it worse, they sowed it down on MOTD and there wasn't a bobble to put him off.

denzel

Talking of bobbles, we had a shot early in the second half where I was certain we were going to hit the target, but it clearly hit a bobble and went over. Can't remember who it was though! Thought their pitch was pretty poor overall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Talking of bobbles, we had a shot early in the second half where I was certain we were going to hit the target, but it clearly hit a bobble and went over. Can't remember who it was though! Thought their pitch was pretty poor overall.
Plenty of sand visible.