• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale Match Off

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lack of the will I think, The club want to maximise money from the game and holding it later in the season they hope to gain a higher crowd.

Frankly do you blame them if that was the case? Are we or are we not in a recession at the moment where money is at a premium?! :cool:

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Tagg said: "From the football side of course we would have preferred it to be on, but it was the Football League's decision to call it off early, taking the national situation into account.

End of thread? Unfortunately I suspect not.

UTC[ecfc]

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I cant believe some of the arse on here...

It was bloody slippy and dangerous all it takes is for something to go over and get hurt and bang the club is in the sh*te.

Correct move was made.

Antony Moxey

It was bloody slippy and dangerous all it takes is for something to go over and get hurt and bang the club is in the sh*te.
It was slippy in places cos the ground was untreated. If those untreated areas were outside the club's boundaries then the club isn't in any sh*te whatsoever.

Antony Moxey

Frankly do you blame them if that was the case? Are we or are we not in a recession at the moment where money is at a premium?! :cool:
Yes. Let's postpone every match then until the recession is over, then when everyone has millions sloshing around we'll have full houses every week. That is probably the least justifiable decision to postpone a game ever!

Mike Blackstone

Unfortunately, it's part of the "what if" culture we live in, every commercial organisation is stalked by the Health and Safety Brigade. H & S audits are part of modern life brought on by the ambulance chasing mentality, it seems everyone is looking for an easy buck, trip up and someones immediately looking to sue. They won't tell you but local authorities are not doing all they can to clear pavements because if they do then it suddenly becomes a liability rather than an accident.
You are spot on there Malcolm. Sad, sad situation we are now in.

old and grey

What about all fans wearing a sign saying i am happy to watch the game at my own risk so p--s off health and safety.

grecianstew

Unfortunately, it's part of the "what if" culture we live in, every commercial organisation is stalked by the Health and Safety Brigade. H & S audits are part of modern life brought on by the ambulance chasing mentality, it seems everyone is looking for an easy buck, trip up and someones immediately looking to sue. They won't tell you but local authorities are not doing all they can to clear pavements because if they do then it suddenly becomes a liability rather than an accident.
Sadly no-one at Bradford considered "what if" someone drops a fag end in the wrong place, or at Ibrox no one thought what if too many people try to use the same exit or at Hillsborough ................ need i go on? Health and safety audits are not there to keep Lawyers in business, they are there to protect the public from the unlikely but quite possible circumstances that they may themselves not understand.

old and grey

I can undestand that i might fall over on the ice, but i don,t want people to tell me that i can't therefore go for a walk.I am happy enough for them to put up a sign saying "ice".

Arfur Towcrate

I drove down to Devon from the Potteries on Monday morning without any problem but having seen the feather worecast on Monday evening, I very much suspected the game would be off. I was staying a couple of nights in Torquay where there was very little snow but on Tuesday afternoon, I drove out to Buckfast and the side roads were very dodgy. I can fully understand why the game was called off and am just grateful for the bulk of Vale fans, that it was done in time to prevent them from travelling this time.

The travelling players and fans would have had no problem getting to the ground so I think that is a bit of a red herring, but after what happened in January, I can understand the club thinking that discretion was the better part of valour on this occasion.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't at all upset at the postponement .... Vale would probably have ruined what turned out to be a very pleasant break in Devon! Went to the cinema in Paignton to see Slumdog Millionnaire instead of the match - unlike Vale's season, that had a happy ending!!!

See you all in ............. whenever!

Last edited: