• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Tom Pope available again for the Valiants after serving his one match ban for posting banality that nobody is interested in on twatter. They are a useful side are Vale this season and they will be looking for the win that can get them closer to the play offs from which they are currently 5 points adrift of. They have only lost once at home in the league so i'm edgy about our chances there. Can see us putting in one of those dodgy inexplicable random Scunthorpe-esque performances and leaving Vale Park on the wrong end of a thumping.

It's the Wembley of the North and the 3rd highest ground above sea level in the EFL. What's not to like? Oh, yes. It's in Stoke.

I'm officially 41.3 miles from Vale Park but i can't be arsed to traipse across the Peak District roads at 10 o clock at night when the 41.3 miles ends up taking about an hour and a half or so. I'd have to drop my mate off in Worksop then head back home so get back after midnight. Forecast weather 2 degrees and a moderate wind. Not for me. Therefore unfortunately i shall have to give this one a miss and wait for the Macc trip, assuming we are giving terracing. Failing that, deffo Northampton.

Hats off to all you making the trip and hopefully my concerns about the result will be unfounded and we can continue our march towards League 1 with a win or at worst a draw.

budegrecian

You cant manage 41 miles, really ?! That's considerably less than I travel for home games. Anyway, as you alude to; Vale don't travel well but are a different proposition at home. Nonetheless, we won't concede, again, Tom Pope or not, it's just a question of if we can score.
Dickenson will make a welcome return to left WB & big Nige will definitely start & llikely replace Nicky Law, who rarely plays twice within 4 days.
Nicky Ajose having started both on Tuesday & today will probably be rested for Lee Martin.
3 points & a perfect set up fo Swindon...

Legohead

Banned
You cant manage 41 miles, really ?! That's considerably less than I travel for home games. Anyway, as you alude to; Vale don't travel well but are a different proposition at home. Nonetheless, we won't concede, again, Tom Pope or not, it's just a question of if we can score.
Dickenson will make a welcome return to left WB & big Nige will definitely start & llikely replace Nicky Law, who rarely plays twice within 4 days.
Nicky Ajose having started both on Tuesday & today will probably be rested for Lee Martin.
3 points & a perfect set up fo Swindon...
I do have a number of chronic illnesses to contend with these days which greatly affect my energy and pain levels. If it's a night game and it's an easy enough run like straight up or down the motorways then OK but I can't manage anything else these days in terms of night games. Even less so in winter.

budegrecian

I do have a number of chronic illnesses to contend with these days which greatly affect my energy and pain levels. If it's a night game and it's an easy enough run like straight up or down the motorways then OK but I can't manage anything else these days in terms of night games. Even less so in winter.
OK, apologies, I wasn't aware of your situation. I trust you will enjoy the game via ifollow.

Legohead

Banned
OK, apologies, I wasn't aware of your situation. I trust you will enjoy the game via ifollow.

No worries Bude. Before I got ill then I'd have been there no probs but now have to plan my trips on a game by game basis. Vale is an awkward place to get to for a night game despite its relatively short distance from where I'm based.

Legohead

Banned
According to one of their posters on their forum they have somewhat of an injury crisis at the moment. I'll take that.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes they're struggling with injuries and have now lost Nathan Smith too, they'll have Pope back though. We will have Big Nige playing after what feels like the longest three game ban ever and should really be going into this with confidence considering the tonking Vale got yesterday. I ought to make kick off after work to freeze me nads off for ninety minutes as is normal at Vale Park. COYR

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tuesday could be a huge night if City win and Swindon lose a very difficult game that they have away to Colchester we would go to Swindon on the Saturday league leaders.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tuesday could be a huge night if City win and Swindon lose a very difficult game that they have away to Colchester we would go to Swindon on the Saturday league leaders.
All ifs and buts. We're just as likely to lose Tuesday and Swindon win, meaning we go to Swindon on Saturday with them 5 points ahead of us.

Legohead

Banned
Not fussed about Swindon. We need to stay ahead of Crewe really and ideally Argyle. If we do then we should be a league 1 club come the summer.