• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Poor first weekend

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sad to report that both Aze and Bauys suffered heavy first day defeats. Us Bauys entered our match with Dundee United with a bare 11, which soon effectively became 10 - in trying (and just failing) to prevent their striker scoring in the first 5, George Smith pulled up lame. He tried to run it off, then went to right back, then up to the wing.

However, even with our 10.3 players, we bagged an equaliser. Kev knocked a peach of a ball through to Skipper Steve Foster - er, sorry, Giles, who slotted coolly home.

We were then presented with a glorious opportunity to go ahead - debutant James Harris ran through on goal, only to be hacked down. Penalty, but no red card for the miscreant from a Ref who was appalling towards us throughout. Kev, though, skied his shot.

On the stroke of half-time, Dundee United went ahead. Their best player, a silver-haired wide man, was granted the freedom of the edge of the box, and smashed home a fantastic strike into the top corner.

The start of the second half saw us denied a goal that made a huge difference to the final outcome. A magical cross was floated to the far post, where Dave Cantor slid home the finish in Gary Lineker style. However, our joy was short-lived as the Ref from 50 yards away had somehow come to the conclusion that Dave was offside - which was ridiculous, he had ghosted in from behind two defenders, and they made no attempt to claim an offside.

Our heads dropped at this point, and we conceded three more goals by the end.

James Harris ran another debutant, Adam, close for MOM.

The Aze had a poor game too against newly-promoted Blackpool, going down (I think) 6-1 to a side I predict will be in the running for honours having won the Cup last year while a Div 2 side.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Us Bauys entered our match with Dundee United with a bare 11,
I'm just hoping so much that I've misunderstood that sentence. :-O

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The weather was too nice to bother with clothes!

Frith

How and when are these games played? I might be able to pop into London occasionally when the side (B-auys side) is short. Too poor to do it on a regular basis though - gotta stump up the membership to the Exiles first having transferred from the East Devon grecians!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You're more than welcome!

We play on Sunday afternoons, KO 2:30 (2:00 after the clocks go back), usually in the South West London area - our home ground is around Chiswick/Barnes Bridge.

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/News.cfm?LeagueCode=APFS2009

Alan Crockford (contactable via PM on Exeweb) would be your best shout in the first instance.