• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Poor Atmosphere.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get over yourself Rawz ffs. I bet you cheer all of the opposition players, I bet you cheer tim sills.

The fact is , we pay out money to watch and we are allowed to boo or cheer whoever we f*cking like without do gooders like you telling us what to do,
Hello there N_E nice to meet you. If you wish to discuss it with me further at the next home game then you can call me a doo gooder to my face then I can explain to you how im far from a doo gooder. Thankyou and goodnight!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I felt like booing and clapping everytime Gill took a corner just to point out that it was ridiculous for people to do either. He played well for us but he left in a sideways move for a club where he'll get less chance to start, regardless of the 'hometown club' thing I think that it was a poor move for him. And although he played well for us it wasn't to the extent that he should be a hero type player who gets applauded whenever he returns, he quite often made poor judgements (either passes, tackles or stupid flair ups like at Wembley) and ultimately left the club for someone in the same league.

I have never rated Gill in the same way that many others do, I feel that his passing is a bit too slack and his temper and passion sometimes get the better of him and he struggles (including a few times when he had a bit of a go at the BB for booing him after playing really badly). Good luck to the bloke but whenever he returns to SJP I'll be completely indifferent to him.

stuexeter

I felt like booing and clapping everytime Gill took a corner just to point out that it was ridiculous for people to do either. He played well for us but he left in a sideways move for a club where he'll get less chance to start, regardless of the 'hometown club' thing I think that it was a poor move for him. And although he played well for us it wasn't to the extent that he should be a hero type player who gets applauded whenever he returns, he quite often made poor judgements (either passes, tackles or stupid flair ups like at Wembley) and ultimately left the club for someone in the same league.

I have never rated Gill in the same way that many others do, I feel that his passing is a bit too slack and his temper and passion sometimes get the better of him and he struggles (including a few times when he had a bit of a go at the BB for booing him after playing really badly). Good luck to the bloke but whenever he returns to SJP I'll be completely indifferent to him.
I think alot of people clapped to cover up the sound of the boo's. I wasn't going to clap him but i felt he deserved better than to be boo'd.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think alot of people clapped to cover up the sound of the boo's. I wasn't going to clap him but i felt he deserved better than to be boo'd.
The clapping only lead to more booing, which lead to more clapping etc. etc. He deserved neither and it was a pointless exercise by the self-righteous clappers and idiotic booers.

DevonSent

Agree with the earlier comments that the constant clapping/booing just looked ridiculous. We had a chance to welcome him/boo him when his name was read out but during the game it didn't need anything. He was a great player for us in the most successful era of the club's recent history but he has moved on and so should we.
Back to topic, the atmosphere was poor from both sets of fans.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do gooder, doo gooder, and boo, but no bo gooder or boo gooder.

What gives?

SimonBB

Hello there N_E nice to meet you. If you wish to discuss it with me further at the next home game then you can call me a doo gooder to my face then I can explain to you how im far from a doo gooder. Thankyou and goodnight!
bang bang skeet skeet

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
You wouldn't like Rawz when he's angry! (or probably any of the rest of the time)

The YST are the Youth Supporters Team and they all sing their hearts out for the lads most of the time

New_Exewebber

Ok I will do :) :)

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Can you arrange a time and place so we can all come and watch this epic clash?