• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

lamrobhero

Interested to know why you say 'if it wasnt for the Falklands war' . Were you disappointed that we won?
For me there are some questions that are too serious for Exeweb debate. I am afraid that this is one of them. Sorry.

cannockred

I mean, that there is weapons grade, whilst we're on the subject of war.
I was just interested to know why it was the Falklands war that prevented him(? Sorry shouldnt presume) stopped him voting for mrs Thatcher.

Was it the way the war was carried out, is it wars in general that was the issue or was it that the reason for the war ( the oppressed argentinians taking back what they believed was rightfully theirs even though the un still recognise the Falklands as british territory )

If it was the second one, then I recognise the pacifist stance even though I dont necessarily agree with it. Wars happen, some are just, some unjust. I will leave it to people to decide for themselves which is which.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I listened to some of the questioning on the wireless this morning. Every time she started an answer with “So” I thought yes you are lying. Mr Beer KC was clearly unimpressed and an intervention from the Judge suggested he wasn’t buying it either. After the criticism in 2019 meted out to her by Mr Justice Fraser in the Bates litigation it beggars belief she carried on working for the Post Office for another year and then rocked up at Football Association of Wales.

How do these utterly useless individuals stay in well paid employment ? :mad:

She has probably pitched her replies to seek to avoid prosecution for contempt of court. In summary: “I missed the emails, I didn’t really understand what was going on, the technology was difficult to follow, others were involved. I am incompetent and useless.”
Indeed Al. Feckin Dire! to coin a phrase.
When pressed about how she could explain away missing so many of those emails and memos I'm surprised she didn't just roll her eyes like a stroppy teen and reply "Well, I'm Bogerd".

Grecian2K

Gosh. Ms Van Den Boogerd getting even more thoroughly roasted this afternoon now the Postie's reps are getting their go.
Even though her replies are almost as tedious as those clichéd (almost) monosyllabic "No Comment" interviews so beloved by crime dramas. Although, in defence of the latter, at least those inserts usually last only a couple of minutes rather than two whole days.
Still, hopefully, just the aperitif before the Right Irreverent Vennals is dragged before the Altar of Public Enquiry next month. Perhaps they ought to draft in "Ted Hastings" for that show. 🍿🍿🍿

Rosencrantz

Gosh. Ms Van Den Boogerd getting even more thoroughly roasted this afternoon now the Postie's reps are getting their go.
Even though her replies are almost as tedious as those clichéd (almost) monosyllabic "No Comment" interviews so beloved by crime dramas. Although, in defence of the latter, at least those inserts usually last only a couple of minutes rather than two whole days.
Still, hopefully, just the aperitif before the Right Irreverent Vennals is dragged before the Altar of Public Enquiry next month. Perhaps they ought to draft in "Ted Hastings" for that show. 🍿🍿🍿
Ted's just getting ready.

57h2fn.jpg

lamrobhero

Ms Van Den Boogerd was not a criminal investigator, was not a legal person in charge of bringing prosecutions and their conduct, was not a computer technical person and was not a senior manager repsonsible for the culture of the organisation.

Colesman Ballz

Ms Van Den Boogerd was not a criminal investigator, was not a legal person in charge of bringing prosecutions and their conduct, was not a computer technical person and was not a senior manager repsonsible for the culture of the organisation.
But to give her credit, the one thing that she certainly claim to have been was utterly bloody useless ! :cool:

lamrobhero

But to give her credit, the one thing that she certainly claim to have been was utterly bloody useless ! :cool:
I have only listened to part of her evidence but my impression is that there are others much more responsible. These others being more formally educated.
There was an interesting witness earlier in the week who left the organisation after Directors were upset that she did not "control" the people she brought in to independently report on Horizon.

Alistair20000

I have only listened to part of her evidence but my impression is that there are others much more responsible. These others being more formally educated.
There was an interesting witness earlier in the week who left the organisation after Directors were upset that she did not "control" the people she brought in to independently report on Horizon.
I agree that there are almost certainly other people higher up the management chain who are far more culpable

tavyred

Irish politicians complaining that the Rwanda effect is boosting the numbers of illegals crossing from NI into ROI via GB. 🤷‍♂️
80% of asylum seekers in Ireland are now coming via NI apparently.