• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Guardian piece for Jinx to enjoy. Tavy should enjoy it too, as it's written by a patriot
FAO @arthur

Looks like these multi millionaires talk a good talk but do not reach for their cheque books.

Still the spiel probably makes them feel good about themselves.

Mid Devon Grecian

The simple solution for the Red Queen is to publish the “tax advice”

I see she is ducking, deflecting and weaving by saying she is not going to put out all her personal details of the last 15 years of her family.

O.K. Ange why not redact appropriately but let’s see the substance of the advice. In the interests of transparency like.
You guys are hilarious

I suppose you’ve demanded the same transparency in relation to Zahawi, Hunt’s memory lapse re the flats, Johnson’s memory lapse over the ‘Laurence Lewelyn-Bowen’ changing rooms episode at No10. On and then there’s Michelle Mone’s little multi million pound side hustle and the ‘VIP lane’

Pull the other one

Alistair20000

You guys are hilarious

I suppose you’ve demanded the same transparency in relation to Zahawi, Hunt’s memory lapse re the flats, Johnson’s memory lapse over the ‘Laurence Lewelyn-Bowen’ changing rooms episode at No10. On and then there’s Michelle Mone’s little multi million pound side hustle and the ‘VIP lane’

Pull the other one
Oh dear.

Same rules for all those you mention squire as far as I am concerned

Mid Devon Grecian

Oh dear.

Same rules for all those you mention squire as far as I am concerned
Glad to hear it. Not aware any of them have provided transparency to date so no doubt you’re still campaigning for them to be held to account?

Alistair20000

Glad to hear it. Not aware any of them have provided transparency to date so no doubt you’re still campaigning for them to be held to account?
I am not campaigning against Ange. I simply suggested how she ought to deal with this especially as I doubt there is that much in it.

Oh and I think her boss might agree. Do not know how to remove the irrelevant tweet that comes first In the copy and paste

Mid Devon Grecian

I am not campaigning against Ange. I simply suggested how she ought to deal with this especially as I doubt there is that much in it.

Oh and I think her boss might agree. Do not know how to remove the irrelevant tweet that comes first In the copy and paste

The Tories have created such a visceral environment can you blame her for not wanting to expose herself to their attack machine. It relentless, they do shit, it gets forgotten. Starmer has a beer ata legit work event and the Mail runs headlines for two weeks on the front page.

Rotten to the core.

tavyred

A lot of lefty whataboutery evident tonight.😀

Alistair20000

The Tories have created such a visceral environment can you blame her for not wanting to expose herself to their attack machine. It relentless, they do shit, it gets forgotten. Starmer has a beer ata legit work event and the Mail runs headlines for two weeks on the front page.

Rotten to the core.
She is a politician so is bound to be attacked just as Tories are attacked mercilessly by the Guardian. It goes with the territory.

That said let’s not complicate a simple principle here. Transparency. Transparency. Transparency. The Red Queen shouted that out to Zahawi very loudly.

Love it when politicians of any party are hoisted on their own petard.

Alistair20000

A lot of lefty whataboutery evident tonight.😀
Aye.

Consistency please ref.

angelic upstart

The excellent Dan Niedle has an article on his Tax Policy Associates website on the Rayner position. It suggests that IF there is wrongdoing (which there may not be) then the actual tax involved is likely to be about 3k max - hardly non-dom stuff.

The rules on this are, as so much of UK tax, fiendish and AR claims to have acted in good faith and on advice, which she may well have.

Of course as a Labour politican she has to hold herself to higher standards than the other side so as to satisfy the rabid right-wing press who will jump on any hint of indiscretion (and how they must be hating the fact that John Curtice has quoted a 99% chance of Labour forming the next government).

It also won't help that she dares to be a working class woman who steadfastly refuses to 'know her place'. How dare she have houses, money etc - that's for that nice Mr Johnson, not plebs like her.

Hopefully she will take the appropriate advice and if there is something to be rectified, do so, and move on with being a key player in the forthcoming government. We are not talking complex tax schemes or multi million pound frauds here people.
All politicians should be held to account for their misgivings. I understand that means there wouldn't be many, if any, left.

She's made a couple grand from selling a house and can't tell the truth about it. Rather than fess up and let everyone move on.

She pretends to be one of the good guys. But isn't acting that way.