• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
No overall majority and many more years of this nonsense seems the most likely outcome.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jeezuz. Following this Supreme Court case really is like watching grass grow.

DB9

With that logic in mind, and however unlikely, should the LDs win an overall majority with Revoke in the manifesto, that would also be democratic.

More likely to be a junior partner with Labour in coalition that would happily go along with the renegotiate and 2Ref policy.
With Labour saying 2nd ref with remain and a new negotiated deal on a voting slip but the Lib Dems saying revoke full stop, How could there be a coalition with such divided opinions?

tavyred

With Labour saying 2nd ref with remain and a new negotiated deal on a voting slip but the Lib Dems saying revoke full stop, How could there be a coalition with such divided opinions?
I refer you to the Libdems having a manifesto policy in 2010 of ending tuition fees and yet then going on to enter a coalition with the Tories where they subsequently tripled them.

IndoMike

The Polish ambassador has urged 800,000 Polish citizens to seriously consider returning to their homeland due to the lack of clarity about their settlement situation.
Can you imagine if 5 years ago Brits living in Spain received the same message.
Anyway, presumably Leavers will be pleased about that : who needs those awful foreigners here?

Mr Jinx

Because the LibDems wouldn't fully object to a second Ref. No red lines there. But then you'd have to ask if Corbyn would want Chuka (and possibly some ex-Tories) in his cabinet, lol?

Things are becoming a little clearer. A GE would currently end up being:
LibDems - Revoke
Labour - Second Ref being their re-negotiated deal vs Remain.
Tories - Leave with Boris deal, if not then No Deal
TBP - No Deal
Greens, SNP, Plaid - not sure, but probably full revocation too.

If it remains the above then it'd be another hung parliament, unsure who'd be the PM. If TBP and Tories do a pact, then imho it's a comfortable Tory Majority. That is unless the Remain side do a pact too, but that looks even less likely.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Because the LibDems wouldn't fully object to a second Ref. No red lines there.

Things are becoming a little clearer. A GE would currently end up being:
LibDems - Revoke
Labour - Second Ref being their re-negotiated deal vs Remain.
Tories - Leave with Boris deal, if not then No Deal
TBP - No Deal
Greens, SNP, Plaid - not sure, but probably full revocation too.

If it remains the above then it'd be another hung parliament, unsure who'd be the PM. If TBP and Tories do a pact, then imho it's a comfortable Tory Majority. That is unless the Remain side do a pact too, but that looks even less likely.
Plaid have announced this week they too would go full revocation.

I *think* (without checking) that has been the SNP position all along.

DB9

Plaid have announced this week they too would go full revocation.

I *think* (without checking) that has been the SNP position all along.
Yep, Think Wee Jimmie Krankie wants a revoke, Mind I think she's got enough problems North of the border like their NHS and the new hospital which is seriously over budget and will be over three years late, She'll probably deflect that with more Indyref2 talk

tavyred

The Polish ambassador has urged 800,000 Polish citizens to seriously consider returning to their homeland due to the lack of clarity about their settlement situation.
Can you imagine if 5 years ago Brits living in Spain received the same message.
Anyway, presumably Leavers will be pleased about that : who needs those awful foreigners here?
I’m not sure there’s much of a parallel to be made between a country wanting its brightest and best to come back home to help grow its economy and a group of Brits, mostly retired enjoying their twilight years in the sun.
I hope as many as want to stay, I believe 30% of Poles have indeed applied for settled status.
In other news, it’s been announced that FOM will be part of the negotiations in the U.K./Australia trade deal, if agreed that would be the ultimate trolling of the EU by the U.K. I reckon. :)

IndoMike

I’m not sure there’s much of a parallel to be made between a country wanting its brightest and best to come back home to help grow its economy and a group of Brits, mostly retired enjoying their twilight years in the sun.
I hope as many as want to stay, I believe 30% of Poles have indeed applied for settled status.
In other news, it’s been announced that FOM will be part of the negotiations in the U.K./Australia trade deal, if agreed that would be the ultimate trolling of the EU by the U.K. I reckon. :)
If it's Poland's brightest and best why would we "encourage" them to leave.
? Wouldn't it be good for the UK if they stayed.
Oh right. It's the fault of the Polish Govt if they return...😅😅😅😅
You gotta laugh at these Leavers.