• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what will the Government do with the £100m advertising campaign budget to promote no deal Brexit?
Probably give it to the DUP!

IndoMike

Ah but Mike, You know anything those nasty Europeans say can't be true because they want to control us, That's what we're told
Somebody, somewhere will believe it.

arthur

(not that revocation will make it all go away).
Not that No Deal will make it go away either.

"We'll move seamlessly on to trade talks"

"Not while you owe us £39 billion you won't"

arthur

Johnson is cornered, often it seems by design. Now running Government, Vote Leave is being systematically exposed for what it is; fraudulent and fake, with no plan.

The next step is acceptance by huge swathes of their followers, to accept that they’ve been played, and that Brexit is not deliverable without sustaining huge damage, all at a price not worth paying. The headbangers won’t be swayed, but many other Brexiters might. Reset, revoke and reconsider, makes sense.
I have an alternative doomsday scenario:

Johnson gets away with it and wins a general election. We leave with No Deal. The economy tanks and his government spending splurge makes the deficit soar and the UK's credit rating, and its currency, plummet. People going on holiday face long queues and inconvenience, people staying at home face food shortages and civil unrest.

A competent Prime Minister might ride this out, but Johnson is not competent. Furthermore, while Corbyn can to some extent save the Labour Party from his inadequacies by having people with intelligence around him (McDonnell, Thornberry, Starmer), Johnson has purged anyone with half a brain from his party and is surrounded by a collection of mediocrities.

Meanwhile the Labour Party will finally realise that the Corbyn experiment has run its course and will reinvent itself as something electable.

After a maximum of two years (probably less) of a Johnson government of total chaos it will fall and the resulting election will make 1997 look close. Not so doomsday after all..... :)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
You should always vote with your conscience. Why bother to vote if you are just going to spoil your ballot paper?
To your first sentence, isca, I always vote with my conscience. To your second sentence, I'm genuinely taken aback you need to ask.

IndoMike

I have an alternative doomsday scenario:

Johnson gets away with it and wins a general election. We leave with No Deal. The economy tanks and his government spending splurge makes the deficit soar and the UK's credit rating, and its currency, plummet. People going on holiday face long queues and inconvenience, people staying at home face food shortages and civil unrest.

A competent Prime Minister might ride this out, but Johnson is not competent. Furthermore, while Corbyn can to some extent save the Labour Party from his inadequacies by having people with intelligence around him (McDonnell, Thornberry, Starmer), Johnson has purged anyone with half a brain from his party and is surrounded by a collection of mediocrities.

Meanwhile the Labour Party will finally realise that the Corbyn experiment has run its course and will reinvent itself as something electable.

After a maximum of two years (probably less) of a Johnson government of total chaos it will fall and the resulting election will make 1997 look close. Not so doomsday after all..... :)
In such a doomsday scenario people will flee the country in small boats and on cross channel trucks in order to reach mainland Europe, but oops - no European nation will let us in cos they don't want illegal immigrants (!)

iscalad

To your first sentence, isca, I always vote with my conscience. To your second sentence, I'm genuinely taken aback you need to ask.
Sorry, maybe I'm being a bit thick here, more than likely, probably, but I just don't get it

IndoMike

You have to ask yourself : was this all worth it, just to please 70% of the over 60' s
and a truckload of mooing spoilt brats?

IndoMike

NEXT YEAR'S NEWS HEADLINES
*. JOHNSON ASKS ZIMBABWE FOR A BRIDGING LOAN : HE SWEARS WE'LL PAY IT BACK ONE DAY, GUV..
* IN ORDER TO GAIN SYMPATHY AND PROVE HE IS A CUDDLY ANIMAL LOVER, JOHNSON BRINGS INTO NO. 1O A RHINO, 2 ELEPHANTS, A GAGGLE OF MONKEYS AND 3 SNAKES (AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AS GOVEY, CUMMINGSY AND LOATHSOMEY)
,* JOHNSON PASSES A BILL FORBIDDING THE USE OF ALL LIE DETECTORS (Well, you never know).
This ain't funny, and neither is BREXIT !

Grecian2K

Nice one Mike, but you forgot to add:
* THE NEWLY ENNOBLED LORD CUMMINGS OF NUREMBERG IS MADE MINISTER OF PROPOGANDA
* LONDON IS RENAMED JOHNSONISTAN (Not for any reasons of racial acceptance but in order to keep sweet with his daddy, the only remaining member of his family that still tolerates him)