• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope you have some evidence to back up that assertion.
Yes, I agree

Last edited:

tavyred

Yes, I agree
Glad to see you’ve hastily removed your accusation that I am a racist.

IndoMike

You did notice the disclaimer, Jason?
Disclaimer: This report presents the results of independent academic research that do not
represent an official position of the Electoral Commission or Universities of Manchester and
Liverpool.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You work in a university Jason. Do you really need me to point out how the research doesn't include any evidence of fraud, but only of possible vulnerabilities, which stem not just from familial and spiritual networks but external factors, and that these are not necessarily limited to Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities?

IndoMike

Glad to see you’ve hastily removed your accusation that I am a racist.
Well, if you talk in terms of one specific race of people behaving in a dubious way at election time then I think that's a racist comment. But I deleted the post only because I saw Jason had posted
something regarding a paper from Manchester University relevant to the topic and I wanted to red it first.

elginCity

Genuine question. What negotiations does Nigel want to join?
The suggestion is to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement previously agreed by our sitting Government and the European Union.

Our Nige present at the table would put the fear of god into them; 'backstop' would immediately be redacted from the document, Nige and the ERG's 'alternative arrangements' would be put in its place, a watertight solution to an intractable problem. Simples.

mustangspeed2006

You work in a university Jason. Do you really need me to point out how the research doesn't include any evidence of fraud, but only of possible vulnerabilities, which stem not just from familial and spiritual networks but external factors, and that these are not necessarily limited to Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities?
Nah, just google a couple of key words relating to the subject, copy the link and post it on here without reading the content. That's the Exeweb way for political discussions. ;)

Last edited:

tavyred

Well, if you talk in terms of one specific race of people behaving in a dubious way at election time then I think that's a racist comment. But I deleted the post only because I saw Jason had posted
something regarding a paper from Manchester University relevant to the topic and I wanted to red it first.
....and having read Jason’s link, what is your conclusion?

iscalad

The suggestion is to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement previously agreed by our sitting Government and the European Union.

Our Nige present at the table would put the fear of god into them; 'backstop' would immediately be redacted from the document, Nige and the ERG's 'alternative arrangements' would be put in its place, a watertight solution to an intractable problem. Simples.
So stop Brexit and go back to the negotiation table

elginCity

So stop Brexit and go back to the negotiation table
Steady on, that makes too much sense.

You've forgotten that the people's 'will' has to be exercised first, people just want to 'get on with it', or else it's a 'betrayal'.