• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Click on the avatar Ali. Not sure about individual threads. The last Exeweb couldn't do that?!?

This version of Exeweb is much better. Ask anyone using a phone. 😉
Ali is just trying to prove that I've posted a lot on the Politics & GE threads.
Can't see why he should want to waste his time with something so trivial as that, but it takes all sorts. I can only think the locals are playing up in Tebbern and nicking his turnips.
Good bloke is our Ali, and I'm sure in the end he'll see the light and vote Labour in the GE..👍😉

Alistair20000

Click on the avatar Ali. Not sure about individual threads. The last Exeweb couldn't do that?!?

This version of Exeweb is much better. Ask anyone using a phone. 😉
Morning Spankers

The total post count is pretty easy as it is shown under the avatar.

As regards the post count of posters on individual threads, the old Exeweb could most definitely tell one that. It was interesting to see the number of my dud posts on the Advent Calendar Thread :)

My question to Hants was how to do this on the new site which dear old Bintang :) sozzled Indo seems to have taken as an accusation of political bias. 🤦‍♂️

I agree the new site is better if using a phone but not with my faithful computer.

Do you agree the emojis/smilies are pretty crappy compared with the old site ? Just look at that awful facepalm above compared with the old one. Feckin' dire.

IndoMike

Morning Spankers

The total post count is pretty easy as it is shown under the avatar.

As regards the post count of posters on individual threads, the old Exeweb could most definitely tell one that. It was interesting to see the number of my dud posts on the Advent Calendar Thread :)

My question to Hants was how to do this on the new site which dear old Bintang :) sozzled Indo seems to have taken as an accusation of political bias. 🤦‍♂️

I agree the new site is better if using a phone but not with my faithful computer.

Do you agree the emojis/smilies are pretty crappy compared with the old site ? Just look at that awful facepalm above compared with the old one. Feckin' dire.
Not political bias at all. Just interested to know why on earth you would want to know how many times I've posted on the political threads. The answer is of course : a lot. And?
I give you one Bintang and raise you two glasses of the best Tebbern cider. Are you sure Bromwell's cider farm has closed?Had a great day there in 1974 :)

Alistair20000

1. Where have I reacted to my own posts, Ali? Have a look at where you replied to yourself Indo. I am not going to spoon feed you.
2. Hants' has already proven that you post far more times than I do. Over 20k posts compared to me around 15k. Should I make a big deal out of that? The total posts are as plain as a pikestaff and you are closer to 20,000 than 15,000 unless you have been very busy in the past few hours :ROFLMAO: Total posts was not my point of course
3. You accuse Hants of bias because he provided you with facts about your posts?? Where have I accused Hants of bias ? All I asked him was how to find the number of posts on a particular thread. He answered a different question as our politicians do.
4. I have already explained why I post a lot on on the politics' threads, but actually I don't need to explain anything at all : I'll post where I want to post - nobody else's business, right? Agreed
It's quite frankly strange that this should concern you so much, especially considering point 2 above Just interested in seeing how many posts you had made on the GE thread - nobody else's business right ?
5. i have also said if people are bored with my posts they are free to put me on ignore - I doubt I'll lose much sleep over it. I never put anyone on Ignore. It would show a closed mind.
6. It's hardly my fault that there is a 7-hour time difference : at least I'm not in the UK posting in the middle of the UK night, like some. That really is talking to yourself :) Oddly enough Indo the early mornings are a good time for me to do my work. Free of phone calls, emails etc. The only thing that distracts me is coming on here to update the threads I maintain but more important to read your posts. I sometimes reply out of respect for your prodigious production. :) Feel the love.
7. I know the Toryboys would like a free ride on Exeweb to criticise their opponents, obfuscate, spin, deny, distort et al, but I'm afraid I will not facilitate that and neither will the many other posters who are bored with stooges, political robots and purveyors of alternative facts and general bs.:) Yes reading different views is interesting and sometimes stimulating.

Looking forward to Election night Seconded but I am really concerned for you if the result is a Tory win.
:D (y)

Full replies embedded above.

IndoMike

No personal view?
You were quite happy to comment on Sky News and its description of the GE as the 'Brexit Election', why the reluctance to comment on the melting ice blocks?
If I may intercede. I think it's perfectly fine to use two ice globes to represent the missing candidates. It"s just a little bit of "dry".humour (which has been sadly absent from recent campaigns).
I also think it's fair to embarrass Johnson in view of his constant cowardice regarding avoiding any scrutiny. As I've said before, God knows what we'd have done if a wimp like him was P.M during the war. White flag and on the first available plane to the US,I guess.
By veiled threats not to renew C4's license Johnson is showing his true colours: petty, spiteful,and dictatorial. Classic 1930's elitist fascist.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Not political bias at all. Just interested to know why on earth you would want to know how many times I've posted on the political threads. The answer is of course : a lot. And?
I give you one Bintang and raise you two glasses of the best Tebbern cider. Are you sure Bromwell's cider farm has closed?Had a great day there in 1974 :)
Delete "political" as that should not have been there. Your accusation was bias which I trust on reflection you will agree was not an appropriate post on your part.

Grays for local cider these days. Peter Bromwell does not produce but does judge ciders at the Devon County Show

IndoMike

Full replies embedded above.
Thank you for your comprehensive response to my post.
I'm still in the dark as to why you should want to know my total number of posts, but never mind.
I am prepared for a Tory win but hopeful for a surprise. I think the former will be a depressing result for the nation but if it's the people's choice so be it.
PS. I have no idea why this is being underlined. The wonders of IT.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
7. I know the Toryboys would like a free ride on Exeweb to criticise their opponents, obfuscate, spin, deny, distort et al, but I'm afraid I will not facilitate that and neither will the many other posters who are bored with stooges, political robots and purveyors of alternative facts and general bs.
Interesting you feel the need to project how those of a severe left-wing affiliation operate on here.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Strange how the " If its the people's choice then so be it " being used when for the control of the country.
But when it was the people's choice to leave the EU the result gets cast aside …. Couldn't make it up .

Sure if Labour lose by a slim amount they'll be calling for another vote on a vote on a vote.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Strange how the " If its the people's choice then so be it " being used when for the control of the country.
But when it was the people's choice to leave the EU the result gets cast aside …. Couldn't make it up .

Sure if Labour lose by a slim amount they'll be calling for another vote on a vote on a vote.
What utter ********.

The Tories had the chance to get Brexit done. They screwed it up. Just as they will screw it up if the win this election. They're utterly useless and completely devoid of any talent fit to run this country.