• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, if you're not capable of figuring that much out, I'll not waste my time trying to explain.

Instead, go read up on it. You never know, you might actually learn something, rather than spouting meaningless sound bites, and then making yourself look daft.
So just to be clear, it was in the Labour Party 2017 manifesto to be in the EEA in order to get single market access like Norway, to be in Schengen like Norway and to accept FoM like Norway, all with contributions to the EU budget to boot. I’m happy to concede that point if you can link to that being the case.
I do remember young Kinnock advocating that approach, but don’t remember it being official Labour policy.
Over to you Spanky.

arthur

The country really is fuct

"I think this division is now existential,” Wyn Jones said. “It’s about who we think we are and who we think we’re not. It’s very hard to see how the state of the union in its current form survives Brexit.”

He added: “If we’re going into a general election in which further polarisation is a deliberate aim of the campaigning of at least some of the political parties, you do wonder in all seriousness where all of this ends.”

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
That is a alarming story,you only have to look at some of the bile on social media from both sides of the debate to see what could happen.

tavyred

Another alarmist and nihilistic article from the Guardian, who let’s face it have a penchant for publishing such stuff.

arthur

Another alarmist and nihilistic article from the Guardian, who let’s face it have a penchant for publishing such stuff.
Evening Pollyanna

tavyred

Evening Pollyanna
Evening art.
Even Hilary Benn has just tweeted why on earth would you even ask that question.

PS. Anyone seen Spanky?

elginCity

What about ITV ? Same applies ?

elginCity

The country really is fuct

Re the pic...Gove, Leadsom and Rees Mogg could have taken ministerial cars, instead they each chose to rope in a large number of Westminster's finest to walk nowhere near the vast bulk of decent people protesting nearby, but towards the cameras.

English nationalism is deliberately being fuelled by these fukwits, stoking the politics of division.

tavyred

What about ITV ? Same applies ?

Pretty much.
There’s a healthy obsession amongst remainery types to portray the country as being on the cusp of some sort of dystopian calamity.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
So just to be clear, it was in the Labour Party 2017 manifesto to be in the EEA in order to get single market access like Norway, to be in Schengen like Norway and to accept FoM like Norway, all with contributions to the EU budget to boot. I’m happy to concede that point if you can link to that being the case.
I do remember young Kinnock advocating that approach, but don’t remember it being official Labour policy.
Over to you Spanky.
Yes tavy. That's what access to the single market is, or do you not want to remember that bit. Single market access and customs alignment IS EFTA, although it has variations ( Switzerland/Norway). Although we'd not need Schengen. I'd be happy to take it though, just for laughs.

Back to you.