• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Precisely. It's gone beyond the EU. It's been Establishment vs the People for a while now.
Oh. So Boris and Rees-Smug are the people, right, and not the Establishment? You couldn't get much more Establishment than being schooled at Eton. What a larf!

tavyred

So presumably if the SC upholds the Scots Court decision then the SC is biased, but if they overrule it they are unbiased, right?
Eh?
My point is that whatever judgement is made, I have to believe that its made without political bias.

IndoMike

Eh?
My point is that whatever judgement is made, I have to believe that its made without political bias.
But why would you doubt that?

Mr Jinx

Oh. So Boris and Rees-Smug are the people, right, and not the Establishment? You couldn't get much more Establishment than being schooled at Eton. What a larf!
If you read on, you'll see that's exactly what I said. One of the main reasons some of The People may jump on their side though is that Labour abandoned them long ago. Do they side with those two, or Diane Abbot and Lady Nugee? I'm trying to put myself in The People's shoes and I'm thinking I'd probably side with the former.

Last edited:

tavyred

But why would you doubt that?
Oh FFS.
I don't doubt it, I was responding in agreement to someone who in turn was responding to someone else who was suggesting that the judiciary might not be acting in good faith. You are hard work.

IndoMike

If you read on, you'll see that's exactly what I said. One of the main reasons some of The People will jump on their side is that Labour abandoned them long ago. Do they side with those two, or Diane Abbot and Lady Nugee? I'm trying to put myself in The People's shoes and I'm thinking I'd probably side with the former.
Well, you are indeed a member of "the people", Jinxy. I think by now both sides of the battle are firmly entrenched. Neither of us will change. For you the referendum was the "be all and end all", whilst for me it wasn't then because the campaigning, especially that led by Cummings, was deliberately deceitful. For me Cummings is a trumped up nobody and Johnson is a poor man's version of Trump. Two lyin' chancers who are getting found out.

arthur

our EU masters across the water.
Oh dear. Isn't victimhood wonderful...

IndoMike

Oh FFS.
I don't doubt it, I was responding in agreement to someone who in turn was responding to someone else who was suggesting that the judiciary might not be acting in good faith. You are hard work.

Calm..Try some yoga :)
The words you chose are important. Your statement clearly implies that you have some doubt, otherwise why would you say it ?
If I say "I have to believe that the ref will be honest next week" implies that there is some doubt about that
I don't think I'm hard work : just reacting to the words you chose.

Mr Jinx

Cummings is a trumped up nobody
For once we are in firm agreement. The fact that the Left keep dredging him up is laughable. The only reason they do is because, lets face it, they're a little bit scared of him.

arthur

If you read on, you'll see that's exactly what I said. One of the main reasons some of The People may jump on their side though is that Labour abandoned them long ago. Do they side with those two, or Diane Abbot and Lady Nugee? I'm trying to put myself in The People's shoes and I'm thinking I'd probably side with the former.
Just to add clarity to the debate, could you define who "The People" are and who is excluded from membership of these who must be obeyed...