• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting to see an integral part of Thatcher’s Government being hero worshipped by so the called ‘progressives’ on here.
Stange times.

DB9

One of the Cleggster's demands, as I recall.
As I said "Brought in by the coalition, Led by David Cameron"

DB9

Interesting to see an integral part of Thatcher’s Government being hero worshipped by so the called ‘progressives’ on here.
Stange times.
Strange times indeed Tavy, It just shows how crap these lot are

IndoMike

Stange times.
Please quote the posts where "an integral part of Thatcher's Govt" has been hero worshipped here. Or is this yet another case of your distorting reality? I await your response.

tavyred

Please quote the posts where "an integral part of Thatcher's Govt" has been hero worshipped here. Or is this yet another case of your distorting reality? I await your response.
Mike, Ken Clarke was a Minister in Thatcher’s Government.

IndoMike

Mike, Ken Clarke was a Minister in Thatcher’s Government.
i

I know. And in Major's and Cameron's too IINM. But you said "the progressives" hero worshipped him (and others). I see little evidence of that.

IndoMike

Grecian2K

I think Lord Snooty-Mogg would be a more likely bet than Spreadsheet Phil - Brexit credentials d'ya know. (That is, of course, if the former thinks the job is worth getting out of bed for)

DB9

Not a fan of Ken Clark's politics but the way he has conducted himself over the last few days shows how a Parliamentarian should act in the chamber, Others should take note

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What next for the PM? He seems to be PM in name only at the moment. He needs to get rid of Cummings. He talked about uniting the country, and he has, in utter contempt for him.

Don't waste this time the Government were told when getting an extension to article 50, yet this is exactly what the Tories did. I suggest that they give up on the failed political posturing and find a strategy that will unite the HoC behind it. However, I guess that the only strategy Johnson will come up with is even more childish insults.