• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

You mean this source?

IndoMike

Or this one, Ali?

Grecian2K

To be fair, if it's the ever-vacuous Truss that has done the sums the deal is probably more likely to really be worth MORE ?

elginCity

Officials before Brexit said that the UK economy will shrink and no one on either side disputed this, Even after an EU/UK deal it will shrink, I think the main problem is no one knows by how much
Worth it though, eh ? Whatever the price ? On the flip side there’s all the benefits to come.....only we don’t know what they are yet either.

DB9

Worth it though, eh ? Whatever the price ? On the flip side there’s all the benefits to come.....only we don’t know what they are yet either.
No we don't, Time will tell if it was all worth it, But those who wanted Brexit will have their financial cushions to ease any burden, As for the rest.......

IndoMike

Officials before Brexit said that the UK economy will shrink and no one on either side disputed this, Even after an EU/UK deal it will shrink, I think the main problem is no one knows by how much
Source of quote about UK officials saying pre-referendum that the UK economy will shrink

Alistair20000

To be fair, if it's the ever-vacuous Truss that has done the sums the deal is probably more likely to really be worth MORE ?
Yer but her cheeky smile will win over all the opposing negotiators G2K ;)

tavyred

The possibility of the economy shrinking or otherwise, was only half the Brexit story of course.

DB9

Source of quote about UK officials saying pre-referendum that the UK economy will shrink
I'll look for them when I'm home, But IIRC even our Government was accepting that the economy will contract after Brexit, No one has ever disputed this and was widely accepted, I'll be honest and say I can't remember by what % it will shrink or whether it's in the long or short term

tavyred

I'll look for them when I'm home, But IIRC even our Government was accepting that the economy will contract after Brexit, No one has ever disputed this and was widely accepted, I'll be honest and say I can't remember by what % it will shrink or whether it's in the long or short term
As we’ve just seen on this thread DB, the now rather hackneyed Remain narrative of ‘ you Brexiteers voted to make us all poorer’ is still eagerly seized upon even now.