• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Police at Home Park.

Devonbean

I thought the policing was excellent, and very much felt they were there for our welfare rather than feeling like a criminal.

Anyone who was ejected did something to make themselves stand out from the crowd, so I don't think they can blame the Police, though I agree that some of the stewards were OTT.

The Argyle players were deliberately inciting a response from the away end after their first goal, but they didn't force any of our lot to behave like tits.

Anyone else notice how little time some so-called "fans" actually spent watching the footy?
My thoughts entirely - I completely agree with this - especially and sadly, the last 2 lines.

muppetdodger

Had to laugh when we got to the car park end of the ground and a policeman said sorry to keep you here the Argyle fans are being d**ckheads!

Cravat 2

I thought they were very good yesterday. That said, I was there to have a sing song, some banter, wath the footy and head off home.

I can see you might be disappointed if you wanted a bit of trouble.

Last edited:

grecian55

I disagree with that, I thought the police were brilliant yesterday - everything seemed very well planned, very well organised, and from what I saw they were handling everything very calmly and very professionally.

The Argyle stewards on the other hand were an absolute disgrace, they were trying to start fights if anything and were retaliating to any grief they were getting from fans. I saw one of them having to be restrained by a couple of others so he didn't start fighting with one of the fans. Absolute morons, too fat to be in the Army, too stupid to be in the Police, so the only place they can get their little power trip is to sign up to be stewards.
well said ,sums the stewards up at most clubs .

After the unfortunate scenes that I and my family were caught up in last time, I thought the policcing was first class. Never felt threatened at all and the police were good humoured and polite.

That being said I did think some of the 'hired meatballs' were a little OTT and looking to provoke just as much as prevent.

Chris

FAN-TATIC

Seriously?
Stated South Wales Police on the horse box, both in english and what I assumed to be Welsh!

FAN-TATIC

I wasn't impressed tbh, far too strict and arrested/ejected people for no reason. Mates of mine were ejected at half time for taking part in 'Let's go f*cking mental' at the bar under the away end. Camera's came out and they started grabbing anyone they could - just for having a sing song.

Old Bill ruined the day. Fact.
Let's go f*cking mental'

Did it never occur to you that someone might interpret this to be an incitement to others to engage in some trouble making activity? Do you not have any imagination?

dommers

I thought they were very good yesterday. That said, I was there to have a sing song, some banter, wath the footy and head off home.

I can see you might be disappointed if you wanted a bit of trouble.
I'm sure they could go down to Plymouth tonight if they want to find some trouble.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do wonder how much we will have to pay in April.
Nowhere near what Gargoyle had to pay, thanks to our tiny away end! :D

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's go f*cking mental'

Did it never occur to you that someone might interpret this to be an incitement to others to engage in some trouble making activity? Do you not have any imagination?
Give me strength. "An incitement to others to engage in some trouble making activity."

It's a song, that was sung by Exeter supporters, with fellow Exeter supporters, by a bar that was only accessible to Exeter supporters. Just what 'trouble' was there to engage in, really?

I guess it's people like you that are against banter with BWP?

Exeter vs Plymouth (believe it or not) is a big derby game that most people get a bit fired up for (unlike yourself, obviously)

The day everyone sit's down nicely, stays quiet and applauds your rivals is the day derbys become regular games and i don't want that to happen.