• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth show interest in Harley

RobG

Sturrock was def there, we saw him walk in. Harley controlled everything last night, Noone is good in a sense but Harley seems to control the whole game sometimes. Would need well over half a million.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, for me, Saunders has shown very little ability.
Agreed, Hes shown very little this season, as he cant get a look in, but that doesn't make him a bad player over night. Last season, when he played, he showed enough quality to convince me and a few others I seem to remember., And scored some great goals to boot.

Pobbop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Would be utterly devastated if he went to that f*cking bunch of cornish green slimy scum.

Would much rather have Harley then Noone, for the record, Yet I was one of the few who wasn't that wildly upset about Noone going. One-dimensional and Slight.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
We shouldn't be surprised to see the Gargs come sniffing around again.

The concensus down the A38 is that the Mackie deal was a 'bargain'.

They know the quality coming off our production line now, so the price should reflect that, Mr Perryman.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he'll go. If Argyle are interested, it shouldn't be long before more attractive options (ie an established Championship team who are unlikely to go down) present themselves to him. Time is on Harley's side.

Also, how likely is it that Luggy will be on his way soon? I wouldn't want to be signed by a manager who's on his way out...

GrecianInWales

Why would Harley want to go to a side that's going to be playing in League One next season?

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at the interest. However, we don't need to sell and I think Ryan could do better. I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to move on as he can clearly play at a higher level. But would Argyle be the best move for him? Doubt it.

flumaz

I'm not sure I'd want to lose Harley for Noone. Ryan has been getting better and better so not sure if it's worth getting rid of a central player for a winger. Everyone has their price though ;)
harley is ginger that could be a problem for me!!

samwise

He can do much better than Plymouth. He can pass it brilliantly, and pass it forward with quality which is the true mark of a decent midfielder, he scores goals, and he's starting to do a lot of tackling and harrassing...he's a fantastic player.

He should be looking at the top of of the Championship IMO, Plymouth aren't good enough for him.

I think he'd be worth £750k minimum, and that's without add ons.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
saunders,imo, well capable of taking over from him.
Nearly choked on that one.

Sercombe is our only alternative to Harley and he appears to be seriously out of the picture, at the moment.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see James Dunne replacing Alex Russell, therefore I think we would need to look elsewhere for a replacement for Harley.