• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth heading for Premier League...well, if Cardiff can do it

ECFC_George

Premiership Plymouth?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22164178

I think warnock is a bit optimistic.

squiz

But Cardiff are £83 million in debt & if the current owner leaves are well in the brown stuff!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The only Premier that James Harry Potter Brent understands is the hotel group of that name

What is interesting is how some of the Plymouth fans are grumbling about the unfairness of Cardiff getting into debt to play in the Premiership. This is a bit rich coming from fans of Plymouth Argyle who ripped off local businesses, simply so they could play in League 2. The likes of Cardiff, Portsmouth and Plymouth getting into such debt and being allowed to carry on as if nothing has happened is obscene. 0.07p for every £1 is an outrage, so for the usual 'we're Premiership in waiting', 'sleeping giants' when essentially that club has cheated simply to stay in League 2, beggars belief. And that in a nutshell is why I hate Plymouth Argyle so much. The same could be said of Exeter but I guess at least they hit rock bottom, spent half a decade in non-league football as some sort of penance.

Joe Grundy

Re: Warnock...

JB would have to invest a little me thinks, especially as the clubs coming down from the Prem now get £40 million over 4 years.
I personally think the Prem is now a closed shop of around 25 clubs, those now in the Prem + the 3 that will be promoted + another couple.
The Gargoyles would need investment of £50 million over the next 5 years to even get a sniff, dreamland I would suggest.
a very funny joke there, Granville :)

Last edited:

carlton

argylepaul

What is interesting is how some of the Plymouth fans are grumbling about the unfairness of Cardiff getting into debt to play in the Premiership. This is a bit rich coming from fans of Plymouth Argyle who ripped off local businesses, simply so they could play in League 2. The likes of Cardiff, Portsmouth and Plymouth getting into such debt and being allowed to carry on as if nothing has happened is obscene. 0.07p for every £1 is an outrage, so for the usual 'we're Premiership in waiting', 'sleeping giants' when essentially that club has cheated simply to stay in League 2, beggars belief. And that in a nutshell is why I hate Plymouth Argyle so much. The same could be said of Exeter but I guess at least they hit rock bottom, spent half a decade in non-league football as some sort of penance.
'And that in a nutshell is why I hate Plymouth Argyle so much'.

Goodness. We know what you're drinking.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
'And that in a nutshell is why I hate Plymouth Argyle so much'.
you've seen the light at last eh? Come on over to the red side of things then. ;)

drake

you really do dont you glandville.
Vigorously shaking one off at every mention of pafc.
Pretty narrowminded though tbh as you always seem to notice the armchair fans comments and not the ones that also think its a disgrace and are quite embarrassed by it all.
I doubt its a nutshell feeling. I reckon you wear a yellow shirt and a red and white scarf.

You just do not know which way to jump
:p

Last edited: